Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody
See all TNF alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Rat TNF alpha aa 80-235. E.coli-derived Recombinant Rat TNF-alpha
Database link: P16599
- Recombinant rat TNF alpha protein (ab9756) can be used as a positive control in WB.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9755 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.
To detect rTNF-alpha by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant rTNF-alpha.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml.
To detect rTNF-alpha by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant rTNF-alpha is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9755 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Jeyapalina S et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor genes are overexpressed within the periprosthetic soft-tissue around percutaneous devices: A pilot study. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 108:527-537 (2020). PubMed: 31074946
- O'Sullivan SJ et al. Single-Cell Glia and Neuron Gene Expression in the Central Amygdala in Opioid Withdrawal Suggests Inflammation With Correlated Gut Dysbiosis. Front Neurosci 13:665 (2019). PubMed: 31333398
- Xie J et al. MicroRNA-146a improves sepsis-induced cardiomyopathy by regulating the TLR-4/NF-?B signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:779-785 (2019). PubMed: 31281454
- Wang X et al. ApoA-I Mimetic Peptide Reduces Vascular and White Matter Damage After Stroke in Type-2 Diabetic Mice. Front Neurosci 13:1127 (2019). PubMed: 31708728
- Lu W et al. C5a aggravates dysfunction of the articular cartilage and synovial fluid in rats with knee joint immobilization. Mol Med Rep 18:2110-2116 (2018). PubMed: 29956782