Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MP6-XT3] to TNF alpha
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT3]
See all TNF alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MP6-XT3] to TNF alpha
Specificityab11564 recognises murine TNF alpha. Reactivity with murine TNF Beta has not yet been determined.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse TNF alpha. Expressed in E. coli.
Database link: P06804
General notesThis product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11564 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab11564 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yu B et al. Morroniside on anti-inflammation activities in rats following acute myocardial infarction. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 22:17-21 (2018). PubMed: 29302208
- Lin JR et al. Highly multiplexed immunofluorescence imaging of human tissues and tumors using t-CyCIF and conventional optical microscopes. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29993362
- Peng L et al. Lentivirus-mediated TNF-a gene silencing and overexpression of osteoprotegerin inhibit titanium particle-induced inflammatory response and osteoclastogenesis in vitro. Mol Med Rep 13:1010-8 (2016). PubMed: 26648171
- Patki G et al. Tempol treatment reduces anxiety-like behaviors induced by multiple anxiogenic drugs in rats. PLoS One 10:e0117498 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25793256
- Sousa R et al. Effect of Lactobacillus acidophilus supernatants on body weight and leptin expression in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med 8:5 (2008). Rat . PubMed: 18284678