Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TNFA/1172] to TNF alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgM
Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [TNFA/1172]
See all TNF alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TNFA/1172] to TNF alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human TNF alpha.
Database link: P01375
- IHC-P: Human histiocytoma, Human Erdheim Chester disease, rat stomach and rat pancreas tissues.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab220210 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded rat pancreas tissue labeling TNF alpha with ab220210 at 4 μg/mL.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded rat stomach tissue labeling TNF alpha with ab220210 at 4 μg/mL.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded Human Erdheim Chester disease tissue labeling TNF alpha with ab220210 at 4 μg/mL.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded Human histiocytoma tissue labeling TNF alpha with ab220210 at 4 μg/mL.
ab220210 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wu SJ et al. Dexmedetomidine Exerted Anti-arrhythmic Effects in Rat With Ischemic Cardiomyopathy via Upregulation of Connexin 43 and Reduction of Fibrosis and Inflammation. Front Physiol 11:33 (2020). PubMed: 32116751
- Huang B et al. Amifostine Suppresses the Side Effects of Radiation on BMSCs by Promoting Cell Proliferation and Reducing ROS Production. Stem Cells Int 2019:8749090 (2019). PubMed: 30728842
- Wang L et al. Experimental study of TNF-a receptor gene transfection by ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction to treat collagen-induced arthritis in rats in vivo. Exp Ther Med 17:1601-1610 (2019). PubMed: 30783427
- Lin ZH et al. Eliciting a7-nAChR exerts cardioprotective effects on ischemic cardiomyopathy via activation of AMPK signalling. J Cell Mol Med 23:4746-4758 (2019). PubMed: 31062470
- Surboyo MDC et al. Potential of Distilled Liquid Smoke Derived from Coconut (Cocos nucifera L) Shell for Traumatic Ulcer Healing in Diabetic Rats. Eur J Dent 13:271-279 (2019). PubMed: 31487751
- Feng F et al. PVT1 regulates inflammation and cardiac function via the MAPK/NF-?B pathway in a sepsis model. Exp Ther Med 16:4471-4478 (2018). PubMed: 30546393
- Zhang Y et al. Experimental study of ASCs combined with POC-PLA patch for the reconstruction of full-thickness chest wall defects. PLoS One 12:e0182971 (2017). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 28800620