Product nameTNF Receptor II peptide
See all TNF Receptor II proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab192471 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-TNF Receptor II antibody [EPR1653] (ab109322)
This is the blocking peptide for ab109322
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- p75 TNF receptor
FunctionReceptor with high affinity for TNFSF2/TNF-alpha and approximately 5-fold lower affinity for homotrimeric TNFSF1/lymphotoxin-alpha. The TRAF1/TRAF2 complex recruits the apoptotic suppressors BIRC2 and BIRC3 to TNFRSF1B/TNFR2. This receptor mediates most of the metabolic effects of TNF-alpha. Isoform 2 blocks TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis, which suggests that it regulates TNF-alpha function by antagonizing its biological activity.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated; mainly on serine residues and with a very low level on threonine residues.
A soluble form (tumor necrosis factor binding protein 2) is produced from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
ab192471 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.