Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TNP1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TNP1 antibody
See all TNP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TNP1 aa 1 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human normal testis FFPE section.
Previously labelled as Transition Protein 1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73135 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionIn the elongating spermatids of mammals, the conversion of nucleosomal chromatin to the compact, non-nucleosomal form found in the sperm nucleus is associated with the appearance of a small set of basic chromosomal transition proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear transition protein 1 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- Spermatid nuclear transition protein 1 antibody
- Spermatid nuclear transition protein1 antibody
- STP 1 antibody
IHC image of TNP1 staining in Human normal testis FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab73135, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
ab73135 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhou H et al. The testicular soma of Tsc22d3 knockout mice supports spermatogenesis and germline transmission from spermatogonial stem cell lines upon transplantation. Genesis 57:e23295 (2019). PubMed: 31001916
- Han H et al. Testicular Characteristics and the Block to Spermatogenesis in Mature Hinny. Asian-Australas J Anim Sci 29:793-800 (2016). IF . PubMed: 26954128
- Schneider S et al. Re-visiting the Protamine-2 locus: deletion, but not haploinsufficiency, renders male mice infertile. Sci Rep 6:36764 (2016). PubMed: 27833122
- Yassine S et al. Dpy19l2-deficient globozoospermic sperm display altered genome packaging and DNA damage that compromises the initiation of embryo development. Mol Hum Reprod 21:169-85 (2015). PubMed: 25354700
- Yuen BT et al. Histone H3.3 regulates dynamic chromatin states during spermatogenesis. Development 141:3483-94 (2014). PubMed: 25142466