Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6932(2)] to TOMM40
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-TOMM40 antibody [EPR6932(2)]
See all TOMM40 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6932(2)] to TOMM40
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human TOMM40 aa 100-200. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O96008
- HeLa and 293T cell lysate. Human liver tissue. HeLa and 293T cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab185543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||1/30 - 1/50.|
FunctionChannel-forming protein essential for import of protein precursors into mitochondria.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Tom40 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- C19orf1 antibody
- D19S1177E antibody
- Haymaker protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-TOMM40 antibody [EPR6932(2)] (ab185543) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Western blot analysis of TOMM40 in immunoprecipitation pellets from HeLa lysate. ab185543 used at 1/50 dilution (Lane 1) or PBS (Lane 2). Secondary antibody Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at a1/1000 dilution.
Flow cytometry analysis of 2% paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labeling TOMM40 with ab185543 at 1/300 dilution (pink) or a rabbit IgG isotype control (green), followed by secondary Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/150 dilution.
Immunofluorescent analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed 293T cells labeling TOMM40 with ab185543 at 1/100 dilution. Secondary antibody Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor®555) at a 1/200 dilution. Counterstained with Dapi blue.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue labeling TOMM40 with ab185543 at 1/500 dilution. Counter stain Hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab185543 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Dadsena S et al. Ceramides bind VDAC2 to trigger mitochondrial apoptosis. Nat Commun 10:1832 (2019). PubMed: 31015432
- Kucherenko MM & Shcherbata HR Stress-dependent miR-980 regulation of Rbfox1/A2bp1 promotes ribonucleoprotein granule formation and cell survival. Nat Commun 9:312 (2018). Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 29358748
- Li HS et al. Mitochondrial targeting of HIF-1a inhibits hypoxia-induced apoptosis independently of its transcriptional activity. Free Radic Biol Med N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29704620