Product nameAnti-Topoisomerase II alpha antibody
See all Topoisomerase II alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Topoisomerase II alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide representing a portion of human DNA topoisomerase II, alpha isozyme encoded within exon 35 (LocusLink ID 7153).
- HeLa cells. IHC-P: FFPE human testis tissue sections.
General notesCentrifuge tube to remove product from lid.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/10000 - 1/30000. Detects a band of approximately 178 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 184 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-10 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionControl of topological states of DNA by transient breakage and subsequent rejoining of DNA strands. Topoisomerase II makes double-strand breaks.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II topoisomerase family.
modificationsPhosphorylation has no effect on catalytic activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Generally located in the nucleoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha isozyme antibody
- ATP hydrolyzing DNA topoisomerase II alfa antibody
- DNA gyrase antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human laryangeal squamous cell carcinoma labelling Topoisomerase II alpha with ab12318 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
IHC image of Topoisomerase II alpha staining in human testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab12318, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Detection of Human Topo II Alpha by Western Blot and Immunoprecipitation.
Samples: Whole cell lysate (25 mcg/lane for A; 0.5 mg for IP in B; 25 mcg for Input in B) from HeLa cells. Antibodies: Affinity purified rabbit anti-Topo II alpha antibody BL983 used at the indicated concentrations for WB (A) and IP (B). Control antibody (Ctrl. in A) and antibody for WB of immunoprecipitated Topo II alpha was a monoclonal antibody to Topo II alpha from another source. Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure times of 5 minutes (A) or 30 seconds (B).
ab12318 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Bansal K et al. The transcriptional regulator Aire binds to and activates super-enhancers. Nat Immunol 18:263-273 (2017). PubMed: 28135252
- Zhao M et al. Differential expression of multidrug resistance-related proteins in adriamycin-resistant (pumc-91/ADM) and parental (pumc-91) human bladder cancer cell lines. Mol Med Rep 14:4741-4746 (2016). PubMed: 27748815
- Schaefer-Klein JL et al. Topoisomerase 2 Alpha Cooperates with Androgen Receptor to Contribute to Prostate Cancer Progression. PLoS One 10:e0142327 (2015). WB, ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 26560244
- Yoshida H et al. Brd4 bridges the transcriptional regulators, Aire and P-TEFb, to promote elongation of peripheral-tissue antigen transcripts in thymic stromal cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4448-57 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26216992
- Aldred KJ et al. Activity of quinolone CP-115,955 against bacterial and human type II topoisomerases is mediated by different interactions. Biochemistry 54:1278-86 (2015). PubMed: 25586498
- Gavrilov AA et al. Disclosure of a structural milieu for the proximity ligation reveals the elusive nature of an active chromatin hub. Nucleic Acids Res 41:3563-75 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23396278
- Nakamura M et al. Spt6 levels are modulated by PAAF1 and proteasome to regulate the HIV-1 LTR. Retrovirology 9:13 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22316138
- Hawtin RE et al. Voreloxin is an anticancer quinolone derivative that intercalates DNA and poisons topoisomerase II. PLoS One 5:e10186 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20419121
- Liao Z et al. Reduced expression of DNA topoisomerase I in SF295 human glioblastoma cells selected for resistance to homocamptothecin and diflomotecan. Mol Pharmacol 73:490-7 (2008). PubMed: 17984197