Product nameTotal OXPHOS Human WB Antibody Cocktail
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
ab110411 contains 5 mAbs, one each against Complex I subunit NDUFB8 (ab110242), Complex II subunit 30kDa (ab14714), Complex III subunit Core 2 (ab14745), Complex IV subunit II (ab110258), and ATP synthase subunit alpha (ab14748) as an optimized premixed cocktail. The cocktail is suitable for Western Blotting analysis of the relative levels of the 5 OXPHOS complexes in mitochondrial preparations from human sources.
Altered levels of assembly can arise from mutations in individual subunits, mutations in assembly factors for the complex(es), mtDNA depletion or as a result of physiological and or pathological changes e.g. hormone treatment, exercise, diet or oxidative stress.
The mAbs in the cocktail were chosen because they are against a subunit that is labile when its complex is not assembled. Moreover, the combination is readily resolved in SDS-PAGE when the appropriate gel conditions are used (Please refer to application notes).
The Western blot cocktail is supplied at a concentration of 1.5 mg/mL.
The five antibodies provided in the cocktail are all mouse monoclonal antibodies.
We recommend using a high pH CAPS buffer / PVDF transfer protocol when using this antibody for Western blot. Please contact us for more details.
Due to a policy change, the previously provided control for this kit has been removed.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 360 µg Premix Cocktail of 5 monoclonal antibodies 1 x 360µg
- OXPHOS cocktail
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110411 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Recommended starting dilutions is 1:200 - 1:1000. However, optimal diltuion should be established by the end-user.
We recommend using a high pH CAPS / PVDF transfer protocol when using this antibody for Western blot. Please contact us for more details.
Gel: Non-reduced Denaturing (4-12%)
Lanes 1-3: contain 3 individual Human B cell lymphoma samples 50 μg loaded per lane.
Blocked for 1 hour with 5% Milk at room temperature.
ab110411 used as per instructions.
Secondary: HRP-conjugated anti-mouse IgG uesd at 1/300
Detection method: ECL+ 2 minutes exposure.
Each lane contains 10 µg of mitochondria isolated from MRC5 fibroblasts.
ab110411(MS601) was used to label lane 6, and the individual antibodies
comprising the cocktail were used for lanes 1-5.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab110411 has been referenced in 242 publications.
- Joanisse S et al. High levels of physical activity in later life are associated with enhanced markers of mitochondrial metabolism. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31942994
- Li H et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction and mitophagy defect triggered by heterozygous GBA mutations. Autophagy 15:113-130 (2019). PubMed: 30160596
- Martorano L et al. The zebrafish orthologue of the human hepatocerebral disease gene MPV17 plays pleiotropic roles in mitochondria. Dis Model Mech 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30833296
- Ljubkovic M et al. Disturbed Fatty Acid Oxidation, Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress, and Apoptosis in Left Ventricle of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes 68:1924-1933 (2019). PubMed: 31391173
- Chen CW et al. Two separate functions of NME3 critical for cell survival underlie a neurodegenerative disorder. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116:566-574 (2019). PubMed: 30587587