Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRAF3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRAF3 antibody
See all TRAF3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRAF3
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for TRAF3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A 15 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human TRAF3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
FunctionRegulates pathways leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B and MAP kinases, and plays a central role in the regulation of B cell survival. Part of signaling pathways leading to the production of cytokines and interferon. Required for normal antibody isotype switching from IgM to IgG. Plays a role T-cell dependent immune responses. Plays a role in the regulation of antiviral responses. Is an essential constituent of several E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complexes. May have E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity and promote 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination of target proteins. Inhibits activation of NF-kappa-B in response to LTBR stimulation. Inhibits TRAF2-mediated activation of NF-kappa-B. Down-regulates proteolytic processing of NFKB2, and thereby inhibits non-canonical activation of NF-kappa-B. Promotes ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of MAP3K14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TNF receptor-associated factor family. A subfamily.
Contains 1 MATH domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Contains 2 TRAF-type zinc fingers.
DomainThe MATH/TRAF domain binds to receptor cytoplasmic domains.
The Ring-type zinc finger domain is required for its function in down-regulation of NFKB2 proteolytic processing.
modificationsUndergoes 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination, leading to its proteasomal degradation in response to signaling by TNFSF13B, TLR4 or through CD40. Undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination during early stages of virus infection, and 'Lys-48'-linked ubiquitination during later stages. Undergoes both 'Lys-48'-linked and 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination in response to TLR3 and TLR4 signaling (By similarity). Deubiquitinated by OTUB1, OTUB2 and OTUD5.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endosome. Mitochondrion. Undergoes endocytosis together with TLR4 upon LPS signaling (By similarity). Associated with mitochondria in response to virus.
- Information by UniProt
- CAP 1 antibody
- CAP-1 antibody
- CAP1 antibody
ab36988 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang Z et al. circARF3 Alleviates Mitophagy-Mediated Inflammation by Targeting miR-103/TRAF3 in Mouse Adipose Tissue. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:192-203 (2019). PubMed: 30623853
- Li F et al. HECTD3 mediates TRAF3 polyubiquitination and type I interferon induction during bacterial infection. J Clin Invest 128:4148-4162 (2018). PubMed: 29920190
- Liang G et al. Zishenwan Decreases Kidney Damage in Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection through the Inhibition of Toll-Like Receptor 4 Signal. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2018:5968657 (2018). PubMed: 30519266
- Mankouri J et al. Optineurin negatively regulates the induction of IFNbeta in response to RNA virus infection. PLoS Pathog 6:e1000778 (2010). PubMed: 20174559