Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRAIL
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRAIL antibody
See all TRAIL primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRAIL
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Pig
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysate: A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal lung.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42121 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).Can be blocked with TRAIL peptide (ab7867).|
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF10A/TRAILR1, TNFRSF10B/TRAILR2, TNFRSF10C/TRAILR3, TNFRSF10D/TRAILR4 and possibly also to TNFRSF11B/OPG. Induces apoptosis. Its activity may be modulated by binding to the decoy receptors TNFRSF10C/TRAILR3, TNFRSF10D/TRAILR4 and TNFRSF11B/OPG that cannot induce apoptosis.
Tissue specificityWidespread; most predominant in spleen, lung and prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
- Information by UniProt
- Apo 2 ligand antibody
- APO 2L antibody
- Apo-2 ligand antibody
Anti-TRAIL antibody (ab42121) at 1 µg/ml +
A549 whole cell lysate (ab7910) at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
IHC image of TRAIL staining in human hippocampus FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab42121, 1ug/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
IHC image of TRAIL staining in Human normal lung formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab42121, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab42121 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Xu W et al. Transcriptome Sequencing Identifies Novel Immune Response Genes Highly Related to the Severity of Human Adenovirus Type 55 Infection. Front Microbiol 10:130 (2019). PubMed: 30787914
- Han Z et al. MicroRNA Let-7f-1-3p attenuates smoke-induced apoptosis in bronchial and alveolar epithelial cells in vitro by targeting FOXO1. Eur J Pharmacol 862:172531 (2019). PubMed: 31301310
- Yuan Z et al. TRAIL delivery by MSC-derived extracellular vesicles is an effective anticancer therapy. J Extracell Vesicles 6:1265291 (2017). PubMed: 28326166
- Hammer K et al. Engineered adenoviruses combine enhanced oncolysis with improved virus production by mesenchymal stromal carrier cells. Int J Cancer 137:978-90 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25604186
- Yuan Z et al. Mesenchymal stromal cell delivery of full-length tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand is superior to soluble type for cancer therapy. Cytotherapy 17:885-96 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25888191
- Valis K et al. Hippo/Mst1 stimulates transcription of the proapoptotic mediator NOXA in a FoxO1-dependent manner. Cancer Res 71:946-54 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21245099