Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Transferrin (HRP)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICC
- Reacts with: Cow
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Transferrin antibody (HRP)
See all Transferrin primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Transferrin (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.2% BSA, PBS, 0.05% CMIT/MIT based preservative
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntiserum was solid phase adsorbed to ensure class specificity. ab112892 was isolated by affinity chromatography using antigen coupled to agarose beads and conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/30000. Predicted molecular weight: 78 kDa. Colorimetric: Use 1/1000-1/10000 dilution; Chemiluminescent: Use 1/1000-1/30000 dilution.|
|ELISA||1/10000 - 1/100000.|
|ICC||1/200 - 1/500.|
FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate. It is responsible for the transport of iron from sites of absorption and heme degradation to those of storage and utilization. Serum transferrin may also have a further role in stimulating cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TF are the cause of atransferrinemia (ATRAF) [MIM:209300]. Atransferrinemia is rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by iron overload and hypochromic anemia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Apotransferrin antibody
- Beta 1 metal binding globulin antibody
- Beta-1 metal-binding globulin antibody
ab112892 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Guo X et al. Comparative Proteomic Analysis of Yak Follicular Fluid during Estrus. Asian-Australas J Anim Sci 29:1239-46 (2016). PubMed: 26954118