Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Transglutaminase 2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Transglutaminase 2 antibody
See all Transglutaminase 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Transglutaminase 2
SpecificityThis antibody recognises transglutaminase enzyme. MW is approximately 82kDa. This antibody cross-reacts with Factor XIIIA, Keratinocyte Tgase (TG-3), and Prostate Tgase (TG-4).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Guinea Pig).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab421 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCatalyzes the cross-linking of proteins and the conjugation of polyamines to proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transglutaminase superfamily. Transglutaminase family.
- Information by UniProt
- ALPHA SUBUNIT antibody
- C polypeptide antibody
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab421 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab421, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab421 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Sheftel CM & Hernandez LL Serotonin stimulated parathyroid hormone related protein induction in the mammary epithelia by transglutaminase-dependent serotonylation. PLoS One 15:e0241192 (2020). PubMed: 33095824
- Yang P et al. TGM2 interference regulates the angiogenesis and apoptosis of colorectal cancer via Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Cell Cycle 18:1122-1134 (2019). PubMed: 31010374
- Yu W et al. Lens-specific conditional knockout of Msx2 in mice leads to ocular anterior segment dysgenesis via activation of a calcium signaling pathway. Lab Invest N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30683901
- Dib A et al. In Utero Exposure to Maternal Diabetes Is Associated With Early Abnormal Vascular Structure in Offspring. Front Physiol 9:350 (2018). PubMed: 29670546
- Murray-Stewart T et al. Polyamine Homeostasis in Snyder-Robinson Syndrome. Med Sci (Basel) 6:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30544565