Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7H1AA1] to Transketolase
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Transketolase antibody [7H1AA1]
See all Transketolase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7H1AA1] to Transketolase
SpecificityShotgun immunization of human HeLa cell lysates into mice. Targets were determined by mass spectrometry and validated by WB, ICC, ELISA pair and other techniques.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- HeLa and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900); HL60 and HeLa cells. Human normal colon FFPE tissue.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99.98% HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab112997 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. Monoclonal purity was near homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE (>95%).
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112997 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transketolase family.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- FLJ34765 antibody
- TK antibody
All lanes : Anti-Transketolase antibody [7H1AA1] (ab112997) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
ab112997 at 1ug/ml staining Transketolase in HL60 cells by Flow Cytometry (blue). Isotype control antibody (red).
ab112997 at 1ug/ml staining Transketolase in HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry (4% paraformaldehyde fixed and 0.1% Triton X-100 permeabilized) followed by Alexa Fluor® 594 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour (red). Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue). Non specific fluorescence was reduced using a signal enhancer.
IHC image of Transketolase staining in Human normal colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab112997, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab112997 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zheng Y et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein-induced SH2 domain-containing 5 (SH2D5) expression promotes hepatoma cell growth via an SH2D5-transketolase interaction. J Biol Chem 294:4815-4827 (2019). PubMed: 30659097
- Tseng CW et al. Transketolase Regulates the Metabolic Switch to Control Breast Cancer Cell Metastasis via the a-Ketoglutarate Signaling Pathway. Cancer Res 78:2799-2812 (2018). PubMed: 29599405
- Burrai GP et al. A first immunohistochemistry study of transketolase and transketolase-like 1 expression in canine hyperplastic and neoplastic mammary lesions. BMC Vet Res 13:38 (2017). PubMed: 28143530
- Yang H et al. MicroRNA-497 regulates cisplatin chemosensitivity of cervical cancer by targeting transketolase. Am J Cancer Res 6:2690-2699 (2016). WB, IHC-P . PubMed: 27904781
- Croner RS et al. Identification of Predictive Markers for Response to Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation in Rectal Carcinomas by Proteomic Isotope Coded Protein Label (ICPL) Analysis. Int J Mol Sci 17:209 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26861291