Product nameTRAP-6, PAR1 agonist
- Thrombin Receptor Activator Peptide 6
Biological descriptionPeptide fragment (residues 42 - 47) of protease-activated receptor 1. PAR1 hexapeptide agonist. Stimulates transient mobilization of free intracellular calcium, platelet aggregation (EC50 = 0.8μM) and rapidly phosphorylates PDE3A.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in water to 1 mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab6672 staining IL6 in serum starved PC3 cells treated with TRAP-6 (ab120801), by ICC/IF. Increase in expression of IL6 correlates with increased concentration of TRAP-6, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120801 (TRAP-6) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab6672 (1/500 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
This product has been referenced in:
- Picker SM et al. Cell quality of apheresis-derived platelets treated with riboflavin-ultraviolet light after resuspension in platelet additive solution. Transfusion 52:510-6 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21981030) »
- Hunter RW et al. Protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation and activation of PDE3A regulate cAMP levels in human platelets. J Biol Chem 284:12339-48 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19261611) »
- Kaufmann R et al. PAR 1-type thrombin receptors are involved in thrombin-induced calcium signaling in human meningioma cells. J Neurooncol 42:131-6 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10421070) »
- Vassallo RR et al. Structure-function relationships in the activation of platelet thrombin receptors by receptor-derived peptides. J Biol Chem 267:6081-5 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1313429) »