Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5603] to TRAP alpha/TRAPA
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-TRAP alpha/TRAPA antibody [EPR5603]
See all TRAP alpha/TRAPA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5603] to TRAP alpha/TRAPA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TRAP alpha/TRAPA aa 100-200.
Database link: P43307
- A431, HL60, and T47D lysates; HepG2 cells
This product was previously labelled as TRAP alpha
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133238 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTRAP proteins are part of a complex whose function is to bind calcium to the ER membrane and thereby regulate the retention of ER resident proteins. May be involved in the recycling of the translocation apparatus after completion of the translocation process or may function as a membrane-bound chaperone facilitating folding of translocated proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TRAP-alpha family.
DomainShows a remarkable charge distribution with the N-terminus being highly negatively charged, and the cytoplasmic C-terminus positively charged.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp781N23103 antibody
- FLJ14232 antibody
- FLJ22100 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TRAP alpha/TRAPA antibody [EPR5603] (ab133238) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HL60 cell lysate
Lane 3 : T47D cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of TRAP alpha/TRAPA in permeabilized HepG2 cells, using ab133238 at a 1/10 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab133238 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhu J et al. Instability and excessive mechanical loading mediate subchondral bone changes to induce osteoarthritis. Ann Transl Med 8:350 (2020). PubMed: 32355794
- Mao Z et al. MicroRNA-155 inhibition up-regulates LEPR to inhibit osteoclast activation and bone resorption via activation of AMPK in alendronate-treated osteoporotic mice. IUBMB Life N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31317664
- Smith MD et al. CCPG1 Is a Non-canonical Autophagy Cargo Receptor Essential for ER-Phagy and Pancreatic ER Proteostasis. Dev Cell 44:217-232.e11 (2018). PubMed: 29290589
- Ge YW et al. Titanium particle-mediated osteoclastogenesis may be attenuated via bidirectional ephrin-B2/eph-B4 signaling in vitro. Int J Mol Med 42:2031-2041 (2018). PubMed: 30015911
- Abrami L et al. Identification and dynamics of the human ZDHHC16-ZDHHC6 palmitoylation cascade. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28826475
- Grumati P et al. Full length RTN3 regulates turnover of tubular endoplasmic reticulum via selective autophagy. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28617241
- Song J et al. a-Linolenic Acid Inhibits Receptor Activator of NF-?B Ligand Induced (RANKL-Induced) Osteoclastogenesis and Prevents Inflammatory Bone Loss via Downregulation of Nuclear Factor-KappaB-Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthases (NF-?B-iNOS) Signaling Pathways. Med Sci Monit 23:5056-5069 (2017). PubMed: 29061958
- Tang L et al. MiR-124 Attenuates Osteoclastogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow Monocytes Via Targeting Rab27a. Cell Physiol Biochem 43:1663-1672 (2017). PubMed: 29045940