Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRAP/CD40L
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRAP/CD40L antibody
See all TRAP/CD40L primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRAP/CD40L
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to TRAP/CD40L. surrounding amino acid 246 of human CD40 Ligand
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Proclin 300
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA, 0.015% EDTA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2391 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionMediates B-cell proliferation in the absence of co-stimulus as well as IgE production in the presence of IL-4. Involved in immunoglobulin class switching.
Release of soluble CD40L from platelets is partially regulated by GP IIb/IIIa, actin polymerization, and an matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) inhibitor-sensitive pathway.
Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed on activated CD4+ T-lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD40LG are the cause of X-linked immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM type 1 (HIGM1) [MIM:308230]; also known as X-linked hyper IgM syndrome (XHIM). HIGM1 is an immunoglobulin isotype switch defect characterized by elevated concentrations of serum IgM and decreased amounts of all other isotypes. Affected males present at an early age (usually within the first year of life) recurrent bacterial and opportunistic infections, including Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and intractable diarrhea due to cryptosporidium infection. Despite substitution treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin, the overall prognosis is rather poor, with a death rate of about 10% before adolescence.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
N-linked glycan is a mixture of high mannose and complex type. Glycan structure does not influence binding affinity to CD40.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 40L antibody
- CD154 antibody
- CD40 antigen ligand antibody
ab2391 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Carriba P & Davies AM How CD40L reverse signaling regulates axon and dendrite growth. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32506167
- Calhan OY et al. CD40L reverse signaling suppresses prevertebral sympathetic axon growth and tissue innervation. Dev Neurobiol 79:949-962 (2019). PubMed: 32077240
- Shen DS et al. Aspirin eugenol ester inhibits agonist-induced platelet aggregation in vitro by regulating PI3K/Akt, MAPK and Sirt 1/CD40L pathways. Eur J Pharmacol 852:1-13 (2019). PubMed: 30797789
- Howard L et al. CD40 forward signalling is a physiological regulator of early sensory axon growth. Development 146:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31488565
- Bagi Z et al. Extracellular vesicle integrins act as a nexus for platelet adhesion in cerebral microvessels. Sci Rep 9:15847 (2019). PubMed: 31676801
- Carriba P & Davies AM CD40 is a major regulator of dendrite growth from developing excitatory and inhibitory neurons. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29111976
- Ye QX et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and inducible nitric oxide synthase mediate immune tolerance induced by CTLA4Ig and anti-CD154 hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in a sensitized mouse model. Exp Ther Med 14:1884-1891 (2017). PubMed: 28962099