Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRIB3 - Aminoterminal end
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRIB3 antibody - Aminoterminal end
See all TRIB3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRIB3 - Aminoterminal end
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
- HEK-293 cells expressing human TRB3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab50516 is affinity purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa. Staining of the TRB3 band is specifically inhibited with the immunizing peptide.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionDisrupts insulin signaling by binding directly to Akt kinases and blocking their activation. May bind directly to and mask the 'Thr-308' phosphorylation site in AKT1. Binds to ATF4 and inhibits its transcriptional activation activity. Interacts with the NF-kappa-B transactivator p65 RELA and inhibits its phosphorylation and thus its transcriptional activation activity. Interacts with MAPK kinases and regulates activation of MAP kinases. May play a role in programmed neuronal cell death but does not appear to affect non-neuronal cells. Does not display kinase activity.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in liver, pancreas, peripheral blood leukocytes and bone marrow. Also highly expressed in a number of primary lung, colon and breast tumors. Expressed in spleen, thymus, and prostate and is undetectable in other examined tissues, including testis, ovary, small intestine, colon, leukocyte, heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Tribbles subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- C20orf97 antibody
- Neuronal cell death inducible putative kinase antibody
- Neuronal cell death-inducible putative kinase antibody
All lanes : Anti-TRIB3 antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab50516) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293 cells transfected with human TRIB3
Lane 2 : HEK293 cells (untransfected)
Lane 3 : HEK293 cells transfected with human TRIB3
with TRIB3 immunizing peptide at 20 µg/ml
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Peroxidase conjugate
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab50516 staining TRIB3 in human brain tumor tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized 0.5% TX-100 before blocking with 10% serum for 1 hour 30 minutes at 250C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/200) in 1% serum in PBS for 2 hours at 250C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used as secondary antibody at 1/500 dilution.
ab50516 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Felip I et al. Therapeutic potential of the new TRIB3-mediated cell autophagy anticancer drug ABTL0812 in endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 153:425-435 (2019). PubMed: 30853360
- Hu F et al. Knockdown of TRB3 improved the MPP+/MPTP-induced Parkinson's disease through the MAPK and AKT signaling pathways. Neurosci Lett 709:134352 (2019). PubMed: 31283965
- Guan H et al. Competition between members of the tribbles pseudokinase protein family shapes their interactions with mitogen activated protein kinase pathways. Sci Rep 6:32667 (2016). PubMed: 27600771
- Salazar M et al. Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells. J Clin Invest 119:1359-72 (2009). IP ; Human . PubMed: 19425170