Product nameTriclosan, Anti-inflammatory activities
DescriptionExhibits antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory activities.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Signal transduction
- Inositol & cAMP signaling
- Phospholipase C
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Receptor tyrosine kinases
This product has been referenced in:
- Lee HR et al. Progression of breast cancer cells was enhanced by endocrine-disrupting chemicals, triclosan and octylphenol, via an estrogen receptor-dependent signaling pathway in cellular and mouse xenograft models. Chem Res Toxicol 27:834-42 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 24684733) »
- Dann AB & Hontela A Triclosan: environmental exposure, toxicity and mechanisms of action. J Appl Toxicol 31:285-311 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21462230) »
- Yazdankhah SP et al. Triclosan and antimicrobial resistance in bacteria: an overview. Microb Drug Resist 12:83-90 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16922622) »