Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 0.4 µM
Product nameTriglyceride Assay Kit (Fluorometric, Reducing Samples)
See all Triglyceride kits
Sample typeSaliva, Serum, Plasma, Tissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Sensitivity< 0.4 µM
Assay time1h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Triglyceride Assay Kit (Fluorometric, Reducing Samples) ab178780 is suitable for measuring triglyceride levels in samples which contain reducing substances that may interfere with oxidase-based assays such as Triglyceride Assay Kit (ab65336).
In this triglyceride assay protocol, triglycerides are hydrolyzed to glycerol and fatty acid. The glycerol reacts with Triglyceride Enzyme Mix to form an intermediate product which in turn reacts with the probe and developer to generate fluorescence (Ed/Em 535/587 nm). The generated fluorescence is directly proportional to the amount of triglycerides.
This assay is simple, sensitive and easy to use and is high-throughput (HTP) adaptable.
Triglyceride assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add lipase and incubate for 20 min
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min
- analyze with a microplate reader.
Previously called PicoProbe Triglyceride Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Lipase Blue cap/ Clear vial 1 vial PicoProbe Blue cap/Amber vial 1 x 0.4ml Triglyceride Assay Buffer 1 x 25ml Triglyceride Developer Red 1 vial Triglyceride Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Triglyceride Standard Yellow 1 x 0.3ml
RelevanceTriglycerides are the main constituent of vegetable oil, animal fat, LDL and VLDL, and play an important role as transporters of fatty acids as well as serving as an energy source. Triglycerides are broken down into fatty acids and glycerol, after which both can serve as substrates for energy producing and metabolic pathways. High blood levels of triglycerides are implicated in atherosclerosis, heart disease and stroke as well as in pancreatitis.
ab178780 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhu X et al. MyD88 signalling is critical in the development of pancreatic cancer cachexia. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 10:378-390 (2019). PubMed: 30666818
- Driescher N et al. The impact of sugar-sweetened beverage intake on rat cardiac function. Heliyon 5:e01357 (2019). PubMed: 30949605
- Yisireyili M et al. Chronic restraint stress induces esophageal fibrosis with enhanced oxidative stress in a murine model. Exp Ther Med 18:1375-1383 (2019). PubMed: 31316626
- do Carmo JM et al. Impact of leptin deficiency compared with neuronal-specific leptin receptor deletion on cardiometabolic regulation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 317:R552-R562 (2019). PubMed: 31411897