Product nameTris Buffered Saline (TBS) Casein ELISA Reagent
See all ELISA buffer reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-Fr or IHC-P
Abcam’s Tris Buffered Saline (TBS) Casein ELISA Reagent consists of many phosphoserine groups that function to bind Ca2+. The solution is ready for dilution to specific application requirements. ab171533 contributes to the minimization of non-specific interactions of the secondary reagents with each other and with the primary solid phase binding sites. The high blocking efficiency of casein is due to its content of small molecular weight proteins. Tris Buffered Saline (TBS), pH 7.6, is a poor buffer below pH 7.5. Tris has the disadvantages of its reactivity as a primary amine and its appreciable solubility in organic solvents, which can lead to an accumulation in the biological phase of a reaction system. To avoid complex formation with ionic species such as calcium and magnesium in blood, tris buffers are preferable over phosphate buffers.
Store at room temperature. This product should be clear and colorless in appearance. To minimize the risk of contamination, a fresh working solution should be prepared each day or store unused working solutions at the recommended storage temperature. If proper technique is not performed the possibility of introducing contaminants is always possible.
ab171533 should be diluted with reagent quality water. To produce a 1X working solution, dilute 1 mL of Tris Buffered Saline (TBS) Casein ELISA Reagent in 9 mL reagent quality water. Allow working solution to equilibrate to room temperature (25°C) prior to use. To use as a blocking reagent, treat target surface by covering completely with solution. To use working solution as a diluent, dilute antigen/antibody to desired concentration and treat surface by covering completely with solution. When solution is used for coating plates are obtained at +4°C.
Storage instructionsPlease see notes section.
Storage bufferConstituents: Casein, 40% Proprietary Component 2
Concentration information loading...
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS) Casein ELISA Reagent (ab171532)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- AP Stability Conjugate Reagent (ab171536)
- HRP Stability Conjugate Reagent (ab171537)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab171533 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab171533 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.