Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TrkB
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TrkB antibody
See all TrkB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TrkB
The immunogen has 75% cross reactivity with TrKA and 68% cross reactivity with TrKC.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken
- WB: HL-60 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Proclin 300
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA, 0.19% EDTA disodium salt
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18987 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 92 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa).|
FunctionReceptor for brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-3 and neurotrophin-4/5 but not nerve growth factor (NGF). Involved in the development and/or maintenance of the nervous system. This is a tyrosine-protein kinase receptor. Known substrates for the TRK receptors are SHC1, PI-3 kinase, and PLC-gamma-1.
Tissue specificityIsoform TrkB is widely expressed, mainly in the nervous tissue. In the CNS, expression is observed in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus, thalamus, choroid plexus, granular layer of the cerebellum, brain stem, and spinal cord. In the peripheral nervous system, it is expressed in many cranial ganglia, the ophtalmic nerve, the vestibular system, multiple facial structures, the submaxillary glands, and dorsal root ganglia. Isoform TrkB-T1 is expressed in multiple tissues, mainly in brain, pancreas, kidney and heart. Isoform TrkB-T-Shc is predominantly expressed in brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Insulin receptor subfamily.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 2 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 LRRNT domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- AI848316 antibody
- BDNF tropomyosine receptor kinase B antibody
- BDNF/NT 3 growth factors receptor antibody
Anti-TrkB antibody (ab18987) + HL-60 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: >90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab18987 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- van de Looij Y et al. Nutritional Intervention for Developmental Brain Damage: Effects of Lactoferrin Supplementation in Hypocaloric Induced Intrauterine Growth Restriction Rat Pups. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:46 (2019). PubMed: 30800096
- Huo JF & Chen XB P2X4R silence suppresses glioma cell growth through BDNF/TrkB/ATF4 signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 120:6322-6329 (2019). PubMed: 30362154
- Telegina DV et al. Immunohistochemical localization of NGF, BDNF, and their receptors in a normal and AMD-like rat retina. BMC Med Genomics 12:48 (2019). PubMed: 30871541
- Liu Y et al. Nogo-A/Pir-B/TrkB Signaling Pathway Activation Inhibits Neuronal Survival and Axonal Regeneration After Experimental Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Rats. J Mol Neurosci 69:360-370 (2019). PubMed: 31286407
- Yin H et al. The inhibition of BDNF/TrkB/PI3K/Akt signal mediated by AG1601 promotes apoptosis in malignant glioma. J Cell Biochem 120:18771-18781 (2019). PubMed: 31219215