Product nameTrkB peptide
See all TrkB proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab195463 in the following tested applications.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-TrkB antibody [EPR1294] (ab134155)
This is the blocking peptide for ab134155
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- BDNF tropomyosine receptor kinase B
- BDNF/NT 3 growth factors receptor
FunctionReceptor for brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-3 and neurotrophin-4/5 but not nerve growth factor (NGF). Involved in the development and/or maintenance of the nervous system. This is a tyrosine-protein kinase receptor. Known substrates for the TRK receptors are SHC1, PI-3 kinase, and PLC-gamma-1.
Tissue specificityIsoform TrkB is widely expressed, mainly in the nervous tissue. In the CNS, expression is observed in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus, thalamus, choroid plexus, granular layer of the cerebellum, brain stem, and spinal cord. In the peripheral nervous system, it is expressed in many cranial ganglia, the ophtalmic nerve, the vestibular system, multiple facial structures, the submaxillary glands, and dorsal root ganglia. Isoform TrkB-T1 is expressed in multiple tissues, mainly in brain, pancreas, kidney and heart. Isoform TrkB-T-Shc is predominantly expressed in brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Insulin receptor subfamily.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 2 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 LRRNT domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
ab195463 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.