Product nameAnti-TrkC antibody
See all TrkC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TrkC
SpecificityFrom experiments using similar antisera, it is anticipated that the reagent will block TrkC receptor binding of corresponding Nerve Growth factor ligand.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Frmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Extracellular domain of Human TrkC.
- Rat peripheral sensory ganglia.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43078 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionReceptor for neurotrophin-3 (NT-3). This is a tyrosine-protein kinase receptor. Known substrates for the trk receptors are SHC1, PI-3 kinase, and PLCG1. The different isoforms do not have identical signaling properties.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed but mainly in nervous tissue. Isoform B is expressed at higher levels in adult brain than in fetal brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Insulin receptor subfamily.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 2 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- ETS related protein neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase fusion antibody
- ETS related protein neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase fusion protein antibody
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of human U2OS cells labeling TrkC with ab43078 at 1/250. Cells were fixed in formaldehyde and permeabilized with 3% milk powder + 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS. Blocking of the cells was done with 3% milk for 1 hour at 22°C, followed by staining with ab43078 at 1/250 in 3% milk powder+0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS for 1 hour at 22°C. A FITC conjugated goat anti-rabbit secondary antibody was used at 1/400 dilution.
Figure shows expression and cellular locaization of endogenous TrkC in U2OS cells. DAPI nuclear stain is also shown in adjacent picture.
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim MS et al. TrkC promotes colorectal cancer growth and metastasis. Oncotarget 8:41319-41333 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28455963) »
- Zong H et al. A Hyperactive Signalosome in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Drives Addiction to a Tumor-Specific Hsp90 Species. Cell Rep 13:2159-73 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26628369) »