Product nameTroleandomycin, Cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitor.
DescriptionMacrolide antibiotic. Cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitor.
Macrolide antibiotic. Cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitor. Inhibits NO release from Glycerol trinitrate (GTN). Anti-asthmatic activity in vivo.
Chemical name[(3R,5S,6S,7R,8S,9R,12R,13S,14R,15R)-6-[(2S,3R,4S,6R)-3-Acetyloxy-4-(dimethylamino)-6-methyloxan-2-yl]oxy-8-[(2R,4S,5S,6S)-5-acetyloxy-4-methoxy-6-methyloxan-2-yl]oxy-5,7,9,12,13,15-hexamethyl-10,16-dioxo-1,11-dioxaspiro[2.13]hexadecan-14-yl] acetate
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Cheng CY et al. Hydroxylation of 20-hydroxyvitamin D3 by human CYP3A4. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 159:131-41 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26970587) »
- McGinnity DF et al. Evaluation of multiple in vitro systems for assessment of CYP3A4 induction in drug discovery: human hepatocytes, pregnane X receptor reporter gene, and Fa2N-4 and HepaRG cells. Drug Metab Dispos 37:1259-68 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19307295) »
- Kozlov AV et al. Various intracellular compartments cooperate in the release of nitric oxide from glycerol trinitrate in liver. Br J Pharmacol 139:989-97 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12839873) »
- Yamazaki H & Shimada T Comparative studies of in vitro inhibition of cytochrome P450 3A4-dependent testosterone 6beta-hydroxylation by roxithromycin and its metabolites, troleandomycin, and erythromycin. Drug Metab Dispos 26:1053-7 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9806945) »
- Delaforge M et al. In vivo and in vitro effects of a new macrolide antibiotic roxithromycin on rat liver cytochrome P-450: comparison with troleandomycin and erythromycin. Chem Biol Interact 68:179-88 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 3265076) »
- Weinberger M et al. Inhibition of theophylline clearance by troleandomycin. J Allergy Clin Immunol 59:228-31 (1977). Read more (PubMed: 300083) »
- Ludden TM Pharmacokinetic interactions of the macrolide antibiotics. Clin Pharmacokinet 10:63-79 (0). Read more (PubMed: 3882305) »