Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5159] to Tropomyosin 1 (alpha)
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Product nameAnti-Tropomyosin 1 (alpha) antibody [EPR5159]
See all Tropomyosin 1 (alpha) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5159] to Tropomyosin 1 (alpha)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human Tropomyosin 1 (alpha) aa 250-350 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human skeletal muscle, Human heart, HUVEC, C6, RAW 264.7, PC12 and NIH 3T3 cell lysates; Human muscle tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133292 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 32-41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionBinds to actin filaments in muscle and non-muscle cells. Plays a central role, in association with the troponin complex, in the calcium dependent regulation of vertebrate striated muscle contraction. Smooth muscle contraction is regulated by interaction with caldesmon. In non-muscle cells is implicated in stabilizing cytoskeleton actin filaments.
Tissue specificityDetected in primary breast cancer tissues but undetectable in normal breast tissues in Sudanese patients. Isoform 1 is expressed in adult and fetal skeletal muscle and cardiac tissues, with higher expression levels in the cardiac tissues. Isoform 10 is expressed in adult and fetal cardiac tissues, but not in skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TPM1 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 3 (CMH3) [MIM:115196]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in TPM1 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1Y (CMD1Y) [MIM:611878]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tropomyosin family.
DomainThe molecule is in a coiled coil structure that is formed by 2 polypeptide chains. The sequence exhibits a prominent seven-residues periodicity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- AA986836 antibody
- AI854628 antibody
- Alpha tropomyosin antibody
Imunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human muscle tissue labelling Tropomyosin 1 (alpha) with ab133292 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-Tropomyosin 1 (alpha) antibody [EPR5159] (ab133292) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle lysate
Lane 2 : Human heart lysate
Lane 3 : HUVEC cell lysate
Lane 4 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 5 : RAW 264.7 cell lysate
Lane 6 : PC12 cell lysate
Lane 7 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
ab133292 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Gong J et al. Long non-coding RNA CASC2 suppresses pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell proliferation and phenotypic switch in hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Respir Res 20:53 (2019). PubMed: 30857524
- Binek A et al. Proteomic footprint of myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury: Longitudinal study of the at-risk and remote regions in the pig model. Sci Rep 7:12343 (2017). WB ; Pig . PubMed: 28955040
- Rubel CE et al. Diggin' on u(biquitin): a novel method for the identification of physiological E3 ubiquitin ligase substrates. Cell Biochem Biophys 67:127-38 (2013). PubMed: 23695782