Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TM-311] to Tropomyosin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Tropomyosin antibody [TM-311]
See all Tropomyosin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TM-311] to Tropomyosin
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for the 36K and 39K bands (alpha isoform at 39 kDa and beta isoform at 36 kDa )of chicken gizzard tropomyosin. It is not specific for the alpha form alone. This antibody stains human fibroblast cells, and it cross-reacts with chicken fibroblast and L8 rat muscle cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
Purified chicken gizzard tropomyosin.
- WB: Human heart tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7785 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/200. Detects a band of approximately 49-59 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
RelevanceTropomyosin is a dimeric coiled coil protein that binds along the length of actin filaments. It is associated with the thin filaments of muscle cells and the microfilaments of nonmuscle cells. Chicken embryo fibroblasts (CEF) contain five isoforms of tropomyosin (a, b, 1, 2, and 3), identified as such by their different apparent molecular masses after separation by SDS-PAGE, but similar biochemical properties, such as resistance to heat and organic solvents, the ability to bind to F actin filaments, and the lack of proline and tryptophan.
- Alpha tropomyosin antibody
- Beta tropomyosin antibody
- TM30nm antibody
Anti-Tropomyosin antibody [TM-311] (ab7785) at 1/200 dilution + Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab7785 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Shibata T et al. Tropomyosin 2 heterozygous knockout in mice using CRISPR-Cas9 system displays the inhibition of injury-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition, and lens opacity. Mech Ageing Dev 171:24-30 (2018). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 29510160
- Sui Z et al. Stabilization of F-actin by tropomyosin isoforms regulates the morphology and mechanical behavior of red blood cells. Mol Biol Cell 28:2531-2542 (2017). PubMed: 28720661
- Ijaz F et al. Proper cytoskeletal architecture beneath the plasma membrane of red blood cells requires Ttll4. Mol Biol Cell 28:535-544 (2017). PubMed: 27974641
- Ichimura T et al. Visualizing the appearance and disappearance of the attractor of differentiation using Raman spectral imaging. Sci Rep 5:11358 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26079396
- Ito A et al. Induction of functional tissue-engineered skeletal muscle constructs by defined electrical stimulation. Sci Rep 4:4781 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24759171