Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3213(2)] to TROY
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-TROY antibody [EPR3213(2)]
See all TROY primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3213(2)] to TROY
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human TROY aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human prostate cancer, A431, LnCaP, PC3, U87-MG, and fetal brain lysates, Human prostate tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138502 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/1000.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCan mediate activation of JNK and NF-kappa-B. May promote caspase-independent cell death.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in prostate. Detected at lower levels in thymus, spleen, testis, uterus, small intestine, colon and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- AL023044 antibody
- AW123854 antibody
- TAJ alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-TROY antibody [EPR3213(2)] (ab138502) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human prostate
Lane 2 : A431 lysate
Lane 3 : LnCaP lysate
Lane 4 : PC3 lysate
Lane 5 : U87-MG lysate
Lane 6 : fetal brain lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Overlay histogram showing PC3 cells stained with ab138502 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab138502, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human prostate tissue labelling TROY with ab138502 antibody at a dilution of 1/50.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab138502 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Saberi S et al. Immunohistochemical Analysis of LGR5 and TROY Expression in Gastric Carcinogenesis Demonstrates an Inverse Trend Iran Biomed J 23:107-20 (2019). PubMed: 30501144
- Freiin Grote A et al. Expression of LGR5, FZD7, TROY, and MIST1 in Perioperatively Treated Gastric Carcinomas and Correlation with Therapy Response. Dis Markers 2019:8154926 (2019). PubMed: 31827644
- Zou Y et al. Overexpression of ubiquitin specific proteases 44 promotes the malignancy of glioma by stabilizing tumor-promoter securin. Oncotarget 8:58231-58246 (2017). PubMed: 28938551
- Wilhelm F et al. Troy is expressed in human stomach mucosa and a novel putative prognostic marker of intestinal type gastric cancer. Oncotarget 8:50557-50569 (2017). PubMed: 28881583