Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRP1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRP1 antibody
See all TRP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83774 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.Can be blocked with Recombinant Human TRP1 protein (His tag) (ab219285). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionOxidation of 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid (DHICA) into indole-5,6-quinone-2-carboxylic acid. May regulate or influence the type of melanin synthesized.
Tissue specificityPigment cells.
PathwayPigment biosynthesis; melanin biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TYRP1 are the cause of albinism oculocutaneous type 3 (OCA3) [MIM:203290]; also known as Rufous oculocutaneous albinism. An autosomal recessive disorder in which the biosynthesis of melanin pigment is reduced in skin, hair, and eyes. Tyrosinase activity is normal and patients have only moderate reduction of pigment. The eyes present red reflex on transillumination of the iris, dilution of color of iris, nystagmus and strabismus. Darker-skinned individuals have bright copper-red coloration of the skin and hair.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tyrosinase family.
Cellular localizationMelanosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 antibody
- 5,6 dihydroxyindole 2 carboxylic acid oxidase antibody
- 6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid oxidase antibody
Anti-TRP1 antibody (ab83774) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + 721_B cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 61 kDa
Gel concentration 12%
ab83774 at 5 µg/ml staining TRP1 in Human skin by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab83774 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wu CC et al. In situ quantification of individual mRNA transcripts in melanocytes discloses gene regulation of relevance to speciation. J Exp Biol 222:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30718374
- Li X et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulates proliferation, migration, tyrosinase activity, and melanin production in B16-F10 melanoma cells via the essential regulator p-CREB. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 55:416-425 (2019). PubMed: 31069610
- Qi S et al. Knockdown of microRNA-143-5p by STTM technology affects eumelanin and pheomelanin production in melanocytes. Mol Med Rep 20:2649-2656 (2019). PubMed: 31322203
- Chen L et al. Light-emitting diode 585nm photomodulation inhibiting melanin synthesis and inducing autophagy in human melanocytes. J Dermatol Sci 89:11-18 (2018). PubMed: 29065997
- Ishihara A et al. Novel tyrosinase inhibitors from liquid culture of Neolentinus lepideus. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 82:22-30 (2018). PubMed: 29297258
- Zhou D et al. Mammalian pigmentation is regulated by a distinct cAMP-dependent mechanism that controls melanosome pH. Sci Signal 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30401788
- Coste C et al. Human bone marrow harbors cells with neural crest-associated characteristics like human adipose and dermis tissues. PLoS One 12:e0177962 (2017). ICC/IF . PubMed: 28683107
- Wu SY et al. 4-(Phenylsulfanyl)butan-2-One Suppresses Melanin Synthesis and Melanosome Maturation In Vitro and In Vivo. Int J Mol Sci 16:20240-57 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26343635
- Wang Q et al. Stress-induced RNASET2 overexpression mediates melanocyte apoptosis via the TRAF2 pathway in vitro. Cell Death Dis 5:e1022 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24457966
- Tang J et al. Primary culture of human face skin melanocytes for the study of hyperpigmentation. Cytotechnology : (2013). PubMed: 24113919