Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TA99] to TRP1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-TRP1 antibody [TA99]
See all TRP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TA99] to TRP1
Specificityab3312 is specific for melanomas and does not react with carcinomas and sarcomas.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
SK-MEL-23 Melanoma cell line.
- In Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in human skin tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3312 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 72 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa).|
FunctionOxidation of 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid (DHICA) into indole-5,6-quinone-2-carboxylic acid. May regulate or influence the type of melanin synthesized.
Tissue specificityPigment cells.
PathwayPigment biosynthesis; melanin biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TYRP1 are the cause of albinism oculocutaneous type 3 (OCA3) [MIM:203290]; also known as Rufous oculocutaneous albinism. An autosomal recessive disorder in which the biosynthesis of melanin pigment is reduced in skin, hair, and eyes. Tyrosinase activity is normal and patients have only moderate reduction of pigment. The eyes present red reflex on transillumination of the iris, dilution of color of iris, nystagmus and strabismus. Darker-skinned individuals have bright copper-red coloration of the skin and hair.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tyrosinase family.
Cellular localizationMelanosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 antibody
- 5,6 dihydroxyindole 2 carboxylic acid oxidase antibody
- 6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid oxidase antibody
Anti-TRP1 antibody [TA99] (ab3312) at 5 µg/ml + Human skin tissue lysate - total protein (ab30166) at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Observed band size: 72 kDa
Additional bands at: 61 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
ab3312 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Chatatikun M et al. Anti melanogenic effect of Croton roxburghii and Croton sublyratus leaves in a-MSH stimulated B16F10?cells. J Tradit Complement Med 9:66-72 (2019). PubMed: 30671368
- Pyo JJ et al. Keratinocyte-derived IL-36? plays a role in hydroquinone-induced chemical leukoderma through inhibition of melanogenesis in human epidermal melanocytes. Arch Toxicol 93:2307-2320 (2019). PubMed: 31256213
- Bergam P et al. ABCB6 Resides in Melanosomes and Regulates Early Steps of Melanogenesis Required for PMEL Amyloid Matrix Formation. J Mol Biol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29940187
- Kwon SJ et al. Synergistic effect of rice bran extract and extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields on dermal papilla/melanocytes in melanogenesis. Bioelectromagnetics 39:595-603 (2018). PubMed: 30371954
- Wang Q et al. Involvement of the central hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in hair growth and melanogenesis among different mouse strains. PLoS One 13:e0202955 (2018). PubMed: 30356231