Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPA1/TSA
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPA1/TSA antibody
See all TRPA1/TSA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPA1/TSA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
General notesWe have mixed feedback about mouse specificity from our customers which is why we no longer support this species.
This product was previously labelled as TRPA1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58844 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective cation channel involved in detection of pain and possibly also in cold perception and inner ear function. Has a central role in the pain response to endogenous inflammatory mediators and to a diverse array of volatile irritants, such as mustard oil, garlic and acrolein, an irritant from tears gas and vehicule exhaust fumes. Acts also as a ionotropic cannabinoid receptor by being activated by delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component of marijuana. Not involved in menthol sensation. May be a component for the mechanosensitive transduction channel of hair cells in inner ear, thereby participating in the perception of sounds. Probably operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system.
Tissue specificityExpressed at very low level. Expressed at very low level in human fibroblasts and at a moderate level in liposarcoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family.
Contains 15 ANK repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- ANKTM 1 antibody
- ANKTM1 antibody
- Ankyrin-like with transmembrane domains protein 1 antibody
ab58844 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Xia M et al. TRPA1 Activation-Induced Myelin Degradation Plays a Key Role in Motor Dysfunction After Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Front Mol Neurosci 12:98 (2019). PubMed: 31057367
- Chen X et al. Vagal Transient Receptor Potential Ankyrin 1 Mediates Stress-exacerbated Visceral Mechanonociception After Antral Cold Exposure. J Neurogastroenterol Motil 25:442-460 (2019). PubMed: 31327223
- Antoniazzi CTD et al. Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) plays a critical role in a mouse model of cancer pain. Int J Cancer 144:355-365 (2019). PubMed: 30289972
- Blaha I et al. Bladder Dysfunction in an Obese Zucker Rat: The Role of TRPA1 Channels, Oxidative Stress, and Hydrogen Sulfide. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:5641645 (2019). PubMed: 31531184
- Marone IM et al. TRPA1/NOX in the soma of trigeminal ganglion neurons mediates migraine-related pain of glyceryl trinitrate in mice. Brain N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29985973