Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1417Y] to TRPC1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-TRPC1 antibody [EP1417Y]
See all TRPC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1417Y] to TRPC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IHC
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TRPC1.
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa).|
FunctionThought to form a receptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel. Probably is operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases or G-protein coupled receptors. Seems to be also activated by intracellular calcium store depletion.
Tissue specificitySeems to be ubiquitous.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. STrpC subfamily. TRPC1 sub-subfamily.
Contains 4 ANK repeats.
modificationsActivation of PRKCA induces phosphorylation of TRPC1 and subsequent Ca2+ entry into cells.
- Information by UniProt
- HTRP 1 antibody
- HTRP1 antibody
- MGC133334 antibody
Anti-TRPC1 antibody [EP1417Y] (ab51255) at 1/10000 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 91 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Anti-TRPC1 antibody [EP1417Y] (ab51255) at 1/500 dilution (for 16 hours) + Rat artery tissue lysate at 50 µg
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 91 kDa
Observed band size: ~100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 5 minutes
Blocking Step: 5% Milk for 16 hours
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51255 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mazzotta C et al. Proangiogenic effects of soluble a-Klotho on systemic sclerosis dermal microvascular endothelial cells. Arthritis Res Ther 19:27 (2017). PubMed: 28183357
- Xu F et al. Effects of TRPC1 on epithelial mesenchymal transition in human airway in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Medicine (Baltimore) 96:e8166 (2017). PubMed: 29068985
- Tajeddine N & Gailly P TRPC1 protein channel is major regulator of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. J Biol Chem 287:16146-57 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22451676
- Liu XR et al. Enhanced store-operated Ca²+ entry and TRPC channel expression in pulmonary arteries of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C77-87 (2012). PubMed: 21940663
- Alessandri-Haber N et al. TRPC1 and TRPC6 channels cooperate with TRPV4 to mediate mechanical hyperalgesia and nociceptor sensitization. J Neurosci 29:6217-28 (2009). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19439599
- Ulloa A et al. Reduction in TRPC4 expression specifically attenuates G-protein coupled receptor-stimulated increases in intracellular calcium in human myometrial cells. Cell Calcium 46:73-84 (2009). PubMed: 19523685
- Baryshnikov SG et al. Orai1, a critical component of store-operated Ca2+ entry, is functionally associated with Na+/Ca2+ exchanger and plasma membrane Ca2+ pump in proliferating human arterial myocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1103-12 (2009). PubMed: 19675303