Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPC6
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPC6 antibody
See all TRPC6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPC6
SpecificityThis antibody does potentially cross-react with TRPC3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- WB: K562 cell lysate. IHC-P: Mouse lung tissue. ICC/IF: K562 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62461 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 106 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 106 kDa).|
FunctionThought to form a receptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel. Probably is operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases or G-protein coupled receptors. Activated by diacylglycerol (DAG) in a membrane-delimited fashion, independently of protein kinase C. Seems not to be activated by intracellular calcium store depletion.
Tissue specificityExpressed primarily in placenta, lung, spleen, ovary and small intestine. Expressed in podocytes and is a component of the glomerular slit diaphragm.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TRPC6 are the cause of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis type 2 (FSGS2) [MIM:603965]. A renal pathology defined by the presence of segmental sclerosis in glomeruli and resulting in proteinuria, reduced glomerular filtration rate and edema. Renal insufficiency often progresses to end-stage renal disease, a highly morbid state requiring either dialysis therapy or kidney transplantation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. STrpC subfamily. TRPC6 sub-subfamily.
Contains 4 ANK repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- bZ1P14.9 antibody
- FLJ11098 antibody
- FLJ14863 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-TRPC6 antibody (ab62461) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-TRPC6 antibody (ab62461) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 106 kDa
Observed band size: 106 kDa
K562 (human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line from bone marrow) cells stained for TRPC6 (red) using ab62461 (5 µg/ml) in ICC/IF.
Paraffin embedded mouse lung tissue stained for TRPC6 with ab62461 (10 µg/ml) in immunohistochemical analysis.
K562 (human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line from bone marrow) cells stained for TRPC6 using ab62461 (2 µg/ml) in ICC.
ab62461 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Yang S et al. miR-135b levels in the peripheral blood serve as a marker associated with acute ischemic stroke. Exp Ther Med 19:3551-3558 (2020). PubMed: 32346417
- Zhang T et al. Pseudoginsenoside-F11 Protects against Transient Cerebral Ischemia Injury in Rats Involving Repressing Calcium Overload. Neuroscience 411:86-104 (2019). PubMed: 31129202
- Mohis M et al. Aging-related increase in store-operated Ca2+ influx in human ventricular fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 315:H83-H91 (2018). PubMed: 29985070
- Bulley S et al. Arterial smooth muscle cell PKD2 (TRPP1) channels regulate systemic blood pressure. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30511640
- Yang X et al. Role of transient receptor potential channel 6 in the odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp cells. Exp Ther Med 14:73-78 (2017). PubMed: 28672895
- Staffel J et al. Natriuretic Peptide Receptor Guanylyl Cyclase-A in Podocytes is Renoprotective but Dispensable for Physiologic Renal Function. J Am Soc Nephrol 28:260-277 (2017). PubMed: 27153922
- Aravamudan B et al. Mechanisms of BDNF regulation in asthmatic airway smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 311:L270-9 (2016). PubMed: 27317689
- Takada H et al. Mechanosensitive ATP release from hemichannels and Ca²? influx through TRPC6 accelerate wound closure in keratinocytes. J Cell Sci 127:4159-71 (2014). ICC ; Human . PubMed: 25097230
- Bernaldo de Quirós S et al. Identification of TRPC6 as a possible candidate target gene within an amplicon at 11q21-q22.2 for migratory capacity in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. BMC Cancer 13:116 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23497198