Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPM2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPM2 antibody
See all TRPM2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPM2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide, which represents a portion of the human transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily M, member 2 encoded within exon 13 (LocusLink ID 7226).
- IHC-P: Rat brain tissue. WB: Jurkat membrane preparation. IP: Jurkat membrane preparation.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/300. Predicted molecular weight: 171 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionNonselective, voltage-independent cation channel mediating sodium and calcium ion influx in response to oxidative stress. Extracellular calcium passes through the channel and acts from the intracellular side as a positive regulator in channel activation. Activated by ADP-ribose, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)), reactive nitrogen species and arachidonic acid. Inactivated by intracellular ATP. Confers susceptibility to cell death following oxidative stress. Isoform 2 does not seem to be regulated by ADPR. Has ADP-ribose pyrophosphatase activity.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain and peripheral blood cells, such as neutrophils. Also detected in bone marrow, spleen, heart, liver and lung. Isoform 2 is found in neutrophil granulocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. LTrpC subfamily. TRPM2 sub-subfamily.
Contains 1 nudix hydrolase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EREG 1 antibody
- EREG1 antibody
- Estrogen responsive element associated gene 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TRPM2 antibody (ab11168) at 0.1 µg
Lane 1 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) membrane preparation at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Jurkat membrane preparation at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Jurkat membrane preparation at 5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 171 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
IHC image of ab11168 staining in rat brain formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11168, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Detection of human TRPM2 by western blot of immunoprecipitates. Samples: Membrane Prep (0.5 or 1.0mg per IP reaction; 20% of IP loaded) from Jurkat cells. Antibodies: Affinity purified rabbit anti-TRPM2 antibody A300-414A (lot A300-414A-3) used for IP at 6ug per reaction. TRPM2 was also immunoprecipitated by rabbit anti-TRPM2 antibody A300-413A. For blotting immunoprecipitated TRPM2, A300-414A was used at 1 ug/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab11168 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Sadowska A et al. Differential regulation of TRP channel gene and protein expression by intervertebral disc degeneration and back pain. Sci Rep 9:18889 (2019). PubMed: 31827137
- Luo X et al. Selective inhibition of TRPM2 channel by two novel synthesized ADPR analogues. Chem Biol Drug Des 91:552-566 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29034580
- Perraud AL et al. The ion channel, TRPM2, contributes to the pathogenesis of radiodermatitis. Radiat Environ Biophys N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30483886
- Yu P et al. Identification of the ADPR binding pocket in the NUDT9 homology domain of TRPM2. J Gen Physiol 149:219-235 (2017). PubMed: 28108595
- Di A et al. Role of the phagosomal redox-sensitive TRP channel TRPM2 in regulating bactericidal activity of macrophages. J Cell Sci 130:735-744 (2017). PubMed: 28082421
- Mittal M et al. Neutrophil Activation of Endothelial Cell-Expressed TRPM2 Mediates Transendothelial Neutrophil Migration and Vascular Injury. Circ Res 121:1081-1091 (2017). PubMed: 28790198
- Ahn C et al. Regulation and Localization of Transient Receptor Potential Melastatin 2 in Rat Uterus. Reprod Sci N/A:N/A (2014). Rat . PubMed: 24577155
- Lee CR et al. TRPM2 channels are required for NMDA-induced burst firing and contribute to H(2)O(2)-dependent modulation in substantia nigra pars reticulata GABAergic neurons. J Neurosci 33:1157-68 (2013). PubMed: 23325252
- Sun HS et al. Suppression of hippocampal TRPM7 protein prevents delayed neuronal death in brain ischemia. Nat Neurosci 12:1300-7 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 19734892
- Wei WL et al. TRPM7 channels in hippocampal neurons detect levels of extracellular divalent cations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16323-8 (2007). PubMed: 17913893