Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4582] to TRPM7 + TRPM6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-TRPM7 + TRPM6 antibody [EPR4582]
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4582] to TRPM7 + TRPM6
The immunogen used for this product shares 86% homology with TRPM6 (ten amino acid stretch with 100% homology). ab109438 has been shown to cross react with TRPM6 in WB.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TRPM7 aa 1800 to the C-terminus (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
- HuT-78, JAR, and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900). HeLa cells and cell lysates.
We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with mouse and rat species. Please contact us for more information
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109438 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 213 kDa.|
Cellular localizationTRPM7: Membrane. TRPM6: Multi-pass membrane protein.
All lanes : Anti-TRPM7 + TRPM6 antibody [EPR4582] (ab109438) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HuT-78 cell lysate
Lane 3 : JAR cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 213 kDa
All lanes : Anti-TRPM7 + TRPM6 antibody [EPR4582] (ab109438) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : His-Tagged human TRPM6 (aa 1755 to 2022) recombinant protein with 5% NFDM/TBST
Lane 2 : His-Tagged human TRPM7 (aa 1599 to 1986) recombinant protein with 5% NFDM/TBST
Lysates/proteins at 0.01 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 213 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 seconds
Anti-TRPM7 + TRPM6 antibody [EPR4582] (ab109438) at 1/1000 dilution (purified) + JAR (Human placenta choriocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 213 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
ab109438 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Zhao Y et al. CD82-TRPM7-Numb signaling mediates age-related cognitive impairment. Geroscience 42:595-611 (2020). PubMed: 32088828
- Lu F et al. Imaging elemental events of store-operated Ca2+ entry in invading cancer cells with plasmalemmal targeted sensors. J Cell Sci 132:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30814332
- Liu L et al. TRPM7 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in ovarian cancer through the calcium-related PI3K / AKT oncogenic signaling. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:106 (2019). PubMed: 30819230
- Thuringer D et al. The vesicular transfer of CLIC1 from glioblastoma to microvascular endothelial cells requires TRPM7. Oncotarget 9:33302-33311 (2018). PubMed: 30279961
- Sun Y et al. TGFß-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer cells is mediated via TRPM7 expression. Mol Carcinog 57:752-761 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29500887
- da Silva Lima F et al. An insight into the role of magnesium in the immunomodulatory properties of mesenchymal stem cells. J Nutr Biochem 55:200-208 (2018). Flow Cyt, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 29554498
- Li S et al. TRPM7 channels mediate the functional changes in cardiac fibroblasts induced by angiotensin II. Int J Mol Med 39:1291-1298 (2017). PubMed: 28393175
- Zhou Y et al. Effects of angiotensin II on transient receptor potential melastatin 7 channel function in cardiac fibroblasts. Exp Ther Med 9:2008-2012 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26136930
- Zimmermann I et al. Effect of ascaris extract applied intravenously, on segment bronchus and the influence of ipsilateral vagus blockade. Respiration 33:270-80 (1976). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 7007