Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPM8
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Guinea pig, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPM8 antibody
See all TRPM8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPM8
SpecificityReacts with residues 278-292 and the C terminus sequence of the human trpm8 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Guinea pig, Human
- WB: Transfected COS cell lysate; human liver tissue lysate; human hepatocyte lysate. PMID 17510704, prostate cells used as positive control.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesImmunogen affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3243 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/2000.|
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective cation channel involved in detection of sensations such as coolness, by being activated by cold temperature below 25 degrees Celsius. Activated by icilin, eucalyptol, menthol, cold and modulation of intracellular pH. Involved in menthol sensation. Permeable for monovalent cations sodium, potassium, and cesium and divalent cation calcium. Temperature sensing is tightly linked to voltage-dependent gating. Activated upon depolarization, changes in temperature resulting in graded shifts of its voltage-dependent activation curves. The chemical agonists menthol functions as a gating modifier, shifting activation curves towards physiological membrane potentials. Temperature sensitivity arises from a tenfold difference in the activation energies associated with voltage-dependent opening and closing.
Tissue specificityExpressed in prostate. Also expressed in most in prostate tumors. Also expressed in non-prostatic primary tumors such as colon, lung, breast and skin tumors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. LTrpC subfamily. TRPM8 sub-subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Long transient receptor potential channel 6 antibody
- LTrpC-6 antibody
- LTrpC6 antibody
ab3243 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Silva DF et al. TRPM8 channel activation triggers relaxation of pudendal artery with increased sensitivity in the hypertensive rats. Pharmacol Res 147:104329 (2019). PubMed: 31340190
- Zheng W et al. Identification and characterization of hydrophobic gate residues in TRP channels. FASEB J 32:639-653 (2018). PubMed: 28970257
- Liu T et al. RNA interference-mediated depletion of TRPM8 enhances the efficacy of epirubicin chemotherapy in prostate cancer LNCaP and PC3 cells. Oncol Lett 15:4129-4136 (2018). PubMed: 29541177
- Liu J et al. Silencing of TRPM8 inhibits aggressive tumor phenotypes and enhances gemcitabine sensitivity in pancreatic cancer. Pancreatology 18:935-944 (2018). PubMed: 30316690
- Huang F et al. TRPM8 downregulation by angiotensin II in vascular smooth muscle cells is involved in hypertension. Mol Med Rep 15:1900-1908 (2017). PubMed: 28138709