Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPV1
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPV1 antibody
See all TRPV1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPV1
This antibody has been optimised on rat tissue. We recommend ab31895 for detection of TRPV1 in mouse tissue.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-FoFrRat
Synthetic peptide within Rat TRPV1 aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact immunogen sequence used to generate this antibody is proprietary information. If additional detail on the immunogen is needed to determine the suitability of the antibody for your needs, please contact our Scientific Support team to discuss your requirements.
Database link: O35433
Capsaicin, the main pungent ingredient in hot chili peppers, elicits a sensation of burning pain by selectively activating sensory neurons that convey information about noxious stimuli to the central nervous system. The protein encoded by this gene is a receptor for capsaicin and is a non-selective cation channel that is structurally related to members of the TRP family of ion channels. This receptor is also activated by increases in temperature in the noxious range, suggesting that it functions as a transducer of painful thermal stimuli in vivo. Four transcript variants encoding the same protein, but with different 5' UTR sequence, have been described for this gene.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesCapsaicin, the main pungent ingredient in hot chili peppers, elicits a sensation of burning pain by selectively activating sensory neurons that convey information about noxious stimuli to the central nervous system. The protein encoded by this gene is a receptor for capsaicin and is a non-selective cation channel that is structurally related to members of the TRP family of ion channels. This receptor is also activated by increases in temperature in the noxious range, suggesting that it functions as a transducer of painful thermal stimuli in vivo. Four transcript variants encoding the same protein, but with different 5' UTR sequence, have been described for this gene.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10296 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Non human primates
(see Guo et al reference).
(see Guo et al reference).
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel involved in detection of noxious chemical and thermal stimuli. Seems to mediate proton influx and may be involved in intracellular acidosis in nociceptive neurons. May be involved in mediation of inflammatory pain and hyperalgesia. Sensitized by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases, which involves PKC isozymes and PCL. Acts as ionotropic endocannabinoid receptor with central neuromodulatory effects. Triggers a form of long-term depression (TRPV1-LTD) mediated by the endocannabinoid anandamine in the hippocampus and nucleus accubens by affecting AMPA receptors endocytosis.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed at low levels. Expression is elevated in dorsal root ganglia. In skin, expressed in cutaneous sensory nerve fibers, mast cells, epidermal keratinocytes, dermal blood vessels, the inner root sheet and the infundibulum of hair follicles, differentiated sebocytes, sweat gland ducts, and the secretory portion of eccrine sweat glands (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. TrpV subfamily. TRPV1 sub-subfamily.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
DomainThe association domain (AD) is necessary for self-association.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA reverses capsaicin-induced dephosphorylation at multiple sites, probably including Ser-117 as a major phosphorylation site. Phoshphorylation by CAMKII seems to regulate binding to vanilloids. Phosphorylated and modulated by PKCM and probably PKCZ. Dephosphorylation by calcineurin seems to lead to receptor desensitization and phosphorylation by CAMKII recovers activity.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell projection > dendritic spine membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Capsaicin receptor antibody
- DKFZp434K0220 antibody
- osm 9 like TRP channel 1 antibody
ab10296 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhu TH et al. Mast cell stabilizer ketotifen reduces hyperalgesia in a rodent model of surgically induced endometriosis. J Pain Res 12:1359-1369 (2019). PubMed: 31118754
- Zhang J et al. Upregulation of TRPV1 in spinal dorsal root ganglion by activating NGF-TrkA pathway contributes to pelvic organ cross-sensitisation in rats with experimental autoimmune prostatitis. Andrologia 51:e13302 (2019). PubMed: 31074030
- Hulse RP et al. Regulation of alternative VEGF-A mRNA splicing is a therapeutic target for analgesia. Neurobiol Dis 71:245-59 (2014). IP ; Mouse . PubMed: 25151644
- van den Wijngaard RM et al. Essential role for TRPV1 in stress-induced (mast cell-dependent) colonic hypersensitivity in maternally separated rats. Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:1107-e94 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 19523146
- Chen W et al. Immortalization and characterization of a nociceptive dorsal root ganglion sensory neuronal line. J Peripher Nerv Syst 12:121-30 (2007). PubMed: 17565537
- Naeini RS et al. An N-terminal variant of Trpv1 channel is required for osmosensory transduction. Nat Neurosci 9:93-8 (2006). PubMed: 16327782