Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPV1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPV1 antibody
See all TRPV1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPV1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Guinea pig
Synthetic peptide within Mouse TRPV1 aa 800 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin (Cysteine residue). The exact immunogen sequence used to generate this antibody is proprietary information. If additional detail on the immunogen is needed to determine the suitability of the antibody for your needs, please contact our Scientific Support team to discuss your requirements.
Database link: Q704Y3
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31895 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel involved in detection of noxious chemical and thermal stimuli. Seems to mediate proton influx and may be involved in intracellular acidosis in nociceptive neurons. May be involved in mediation of inflammatory pain and hyperalgesia. Sensitized by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases, which involves PKC isozymes and PCL. Acts as ionotropic endocannabinoid receptor with central neuromodulatory effects. Triggers a form of long-term depression (TRPV1-LTD) mediated by the endocannabinoid anandamine in the hippocampus and nucleus accubens by affecting AMPA receptors endocytosis.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed at low levels. Expression is elevated in dorsal root ganglia. In skin, expressed in cutaneous sensory nerve fibers, mast cells, epidermal keratinocytes, dermal blood vessels, the inner root sheet and the infundibulum of hair follicles, differentiated sebocytes, sweat gland ducts, and the secretory portion of eccrine sweat glands (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. TrpV subfamily. TRPV1 sub-subfamily.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
DomainThe association domain (AD) is necessary for self-association.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA reverses capsaicin-induced dephosphorylation at multiple sites, probably including Ser-117 as a major phosphorylation site. Phoshphorylation by CAMKII seems to regulate binding to vanilloids. Phosphorylated and modulated by PKCM and probably PKCZ. Dephosphorylation by calcineurin seems to lead to receptor desensitization and phosphorylation by CAMKII recovers activity.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell projection > dendritic spine membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Capsaicin receptor antibody
- DKFZp434K0220 antibody
- osm 9 like TRP channel 1 antibody
ab31895 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Chen L et al. An initial assessment of the involvement of transglutaminase2 in eosinophilic bronchitis using a disease model developed in C57BL/6 mice. Sci Rep 11:11946 (2021). PubMed: 34099759
- Zhang M et al. Effects of TRPV1 Activation by Capsaicin and Endogenous N-Arachidonoyl Taurine on Synaptic Transmission in the Prefrontal Cortex. Front Neurosci 14:91 (2020). PubMed: 32116530
- Allais L et al. Translational research into the effects of cigarette smoke on inflammatory mediators and epithelial TRPV1 in Crohn's disease. PLoS One 15:e0236657 (2020). PubMed: 32760089
- Weber L et al. The Development of a Macromolecular Analgesic for Arthritic Pain. Mol Pharm 16:1234-1244 (2019). PubMed: 30702897
- Katri A et al. Combining naproxen and a dual amylin and calcitonin receptor agonist improves pain and structural outcomes in the collagen-induced arthritis rat model. Arthritis Res Ther 21:68 (2019). PubMed: 30795801