Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRPV2
- Suitable for: Dot blot, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRPV2 antibody
See all TRPV2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPV2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
General notesThis antibody is excellent for immunohistochemistry and western blot. VRL 1 is also known as Vanilloid Receptor Like protein-1.
This product was previously labelled as VRL1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6183 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionCalcium-permeable, non-selective cation channel with an outward rectification. Seems to be regulated, at least in part, by IGF-I, PDGF and neuropeptide head activator. May transduce physical stimuli in mast cells. Activated by temperatures higher than 52 degrees Celsius; is not activated by vanilloids and acidic pH.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. TrpV subfamily. TRPV2 sub-subfamily.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
Phosphorylated by PKA.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm. Melanosome. Translocates from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane upon ligand stimulation (By similarity). Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- MGC12549 antibody
- Osm 9 like TRP channel 2 antibody
- Osm-9-like TRP channel 2 antibody
ab6183 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Elbaz M et al. TRPV2 is a novel biomarker and therapeutic target in triple negative breast cancer. Oncotarget 9:33459-33470 (2018). PubMed: 30323891
- Shimohira D et al. TRPV2 expression in rat oral mucosa. Histochem Cell Biol 132:423-33 (2009). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 19579031
- Yamamoto Y et al. Immunohistochemical colocalization of TREK-1, TREK-2 and TRAAK with TRP channels in the trigeminal ganglion cells. Neurosci Lett 454:129-33 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 19429069
- Yamamoto Y et al. Distribution of TRPV1- and TRPV2-immunoreactive afferent nerve endings in rat trachea. J Anat 211:775-83 (2007). PubMed: 17979952
- Gaudet AD et al. Regulation of TRPV2 by axotomy in sympathetic, but not sensory neurons. Brain Res 1017:155-62 (2004). PubMed: 15261111