Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TRRAP - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: WB, ChIP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TRRAP antibody - ChIP Grade
See all TRRAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRRAP - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ChIPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TRRAP aa 3800 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following nuclear lysate preparations: HeLa; Jurkat.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73546 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 438 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 438 kDa).|
|ChIP||Use 5 µg for 25 µg of chromatin.|
RelevanceTRRAP (TRansformation/tRanscription domain Associated Protein) is an adapter protein that is found in a number of multiprotein chromatin complexes with histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity. These complexes include PCAF, TFTC-HAT, TIP60 HAT, STAGA, and BAF53 complexes. TRRAP is thought to be responsible for the concerted and context-dependent recruitment of these complexes to chromatin during transcription, replication and DNA repair. TRRAP plays a key role in transcriptional activation by c-Myc, p53/TP53, E2F1 and E2F4.
- 350/400 kDa PCAF associated factor antibody
- PAF 350/400 antibody
- PAF 400 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TRRAP antibody - ChIP Grade (ab73546) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 438 kDa
Observed band size: 438 kDa
Additional bands at: 150 kDa, 90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Chromatin was prepared from HeLa cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10 minutes. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 5µg of ab73546 (blue), and 20µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Sybr green approach for both the active and heterochromatic loci). Primers are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
ab73546 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sheng X et al. IRE1a-XBP1s pathway promotes prostate cancer by activating c-MYC signaling. Nat Commun 10:323 (2019). PubMed: 30679434
- Wang Z et al. TRRAP is a central regulator of human multiciliated cell formation. J Cell Biol 217:1941-1955 (2018). PubMed: 29588376
- Han SI et al. Estrogen receptor ligands ameliorate fatty liver through a nonclassical estrogen receptor/Liver X receptor pathway in mice. Hepatology 59:1791-802 (2014). PubMed: 24277692
- O'Neill DJ et al. SETD6 controls the expression of estrogen-responsive genes and proliferation of breast carcinoma cells. Epigenetics 9:942-50 (2014). PubMed: 24751716