Product nameAnti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody
See all Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Hamster, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Human Brain Rat Brain (data not shown) Mouse Brain Rat Serotoninergic nucleus (5HT) Mouse Serotoninergic nucleus (5HT) This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal colon.
This product was previously labelled as Tryptophan Hydroxylase
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46757 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 seems to be less widely expressed than isoform 1.
PathwayAromatic compound metabolism; serotonin biosynthesis; serotonin from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
Contains 1 ACT domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Indoleacetic acid 5 hydroxylase antibody
- L tryptophan hydroxylase antibody
- MGC119994 antibody
IHC image of Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH staining in Human normal colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab46757, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody (ab46757) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Serotoninergic nucleus (5HT) Rat Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Serotoninergic nucleus (5HT) Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Yang Y et al. The Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Guchangzhixie-Pill by Reducing Colonic EC Cell Hyperplasia and Serotonin Availability in an Ulcerative Colitis Rat Model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:8547257 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28845184) »
- Zhu X et al. The effect and mechanism of electroacupuncture at LI11 and ST37 on constipation in a rat model. Acupunct Med 34:194-200 (2016). WB . Read more (PubMed: 26561562) »