Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1311Y] to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody [EP1311Y]
See all Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1311Y] to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH aa 350-450 (C terminal).
- THP-1 cell lysate and human urinary bladder carcinoma.
This product was previously labelled as Tryptophan Hydroxylase
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 seems to be less widely expressed than isoform 1.
PathwayAromatic compound metabolism; serotonin biosynthesis; serotonin from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
Contains 1 ACT domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Indoleacetic acid 5 hydroxylase antibody
- L tryptophan hydroxylase antibody
- MGC119994 antibody
Anti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody [EP1311Y] (ab52954) at 1/500 dilution + THP-1 cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 51 kDa
ab52954 at 1/50 dilution staining Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH in human urinary bladder carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab52954 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52954, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52954 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Chen DQ et al. Identification of serum metabolites associating with chronic kidney disease progression and anti-fibrotic effect of 5-methoxytryptophan. Nat Commun 10:1476 (2019). PubMed: 30931940
- Sibon D et al. Enhanced Renewal of Erythroid Progenitors in Myelodysplastic Anemia by Peripheral Serotonin. Cell Rep 26:3246-3256.e4 (2019). PubMed: 30893598
- Ranzil S et al. Disrupted placental serotonin synthetic pathway and increased placental serotonin: Potential implications in the pathogenesis of human fetal growth restriction. Placenta 84:74-83 (2019). PubMed: 31176514
- Sun W et al. Fecal Microbiota Transplantation Can Alleviate Gastrointestinal Transit in Rats with High-Fat Diet-Induced Obesity via Regulation of Serotonin Biosynthesis. Biomed Res Int 2018:8308671 (2018). PubMed: 30370307
- Lu DH et al. Impairment of social behaviors inArhgef10knockout mice. Mol Autism 9:11 (2018). PubMed: 29456827