Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1311Y] to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody [EP1311Y] - BSA and Azide free
See all Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1311Y] to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
aa 350-450 (C terminal).
- THP-1 cell lysate and human urinary bladder carcinoma.
ab227845 is the carrier-free version of ab52954 This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
Ab227845 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product was previously labelled as Tryptophan Hydroxylase
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab227845 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 seems to be less widely expressed than isoform 1.
PathwayAromatic compound metabolism; serotonin biosynthesis; serotonin from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
Contains 1 ACT domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Indoleacetic acid 5 hydroxylase antibody
- L tryptophan hydroxylase antibody
- MGC119994 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab52954 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52954, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, BSA, glycerol, and sodium azide (ab52954).
This IHC data was generated using the same anti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH antibody clone, EP1311Y, in a different buffer formulation (cat# ab52954).
ab52954 at 1/50 dilution staining Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH in human urinary bladder carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab227845 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Acosta-Andrade C et al. A novel role for antizyme inhibitor 2 as a regulator of serotonin and histamine biosynthesis and content in mouse mast cells. Amino Acids 48:2411-21 (2016). PubMed: 27084713
- Baskar K et al. Functional constituents of a local serotonergic system, intrinsic to the human coronary artery smooth muscle cells. Mol Biol Rep 42:1295-307 (2015). PubMed: 25861735
- Valdés-Fuentes M et al. Effect of daytime-restricted feeding in the daily variations of liver metabolism and blood transport of serotonin in rat. Physiol Rep 3:N/A (2015). WB, IHC . PubMed: 25948822
- Cheng HH et al. Quiescent and proliferative fibroblasts exhibit differential p300 HAT activation through control of 5-methoxytryptophan production. PLoS One 9:e88507 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24523905
- Dempsie Y et al. Dexfenfluramine and the oestrogen-metabolizing enzyme CYP1B1 in the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Cardiovasc Res 99:24-34 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23519266
- Schallreuter KU et al. Blunted epidermal L-tryptophan metabolism in vitiligo affects immune response and ROS scavenging by Fenton chemistry, part 1: epidermal H2O2/ONOO--mediated stress abrogates tryptophan hydroxylase and dopa decarboxylase activities, leading to low serotonin and melatonin levels. FASEB J 26:2457-70 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22415302
- Sauls K et al. Developmental basis for filamin-A-associated myxomatous mitral valve disease. Cardiovasc Res 96:109-19 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 22843703
- Silva SR et al. The effect of PTEN on serotonin synthesis and secretion from the carcinoid cell line BON. Anticancer Res 31:1153-60 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21508359
- Mizuno Y et al. Expression of synemin in the mouse spinal cord. Muscle Nerve 39:634-41 (2009). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 19229966