Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH (phospho S260)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH (phospho S260) antibody
See all Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH (phospho S260)
Ab30574 recognises Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH (phospho S260).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH.
- Rat brain stem lysate, human dorsal Raphe nucleus.
This product was previously labelled as Tryptophan Hydroxylase
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.238% HEPES, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAb30574 was affinity purified via sequential chromatography on phospho and dephosphopeptide affinity columns.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30574 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 seems to be less widely expressed than isoform 1.
PathwayAromatic compound metabolism; serotonin biosynthesis; serotonin from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
Contains 1 ACT domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Indoleacetic acid 5 hydroxylase antibody
- L tryptophan hydroxylase antibody
- MGC119994 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Tryptophan Hydroxylase/TPH (phospho S260) antibody (ab30574) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : rat brain stem lysate (control)
Lane 2 : rat brain stem lysate, incubated with S260 phosphopeptide (negative control)
Lane 3 : rat brain stem lysate, incubated with corresponding non phosphopeptide.
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: <43 kDa, 48 kDa, 59 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
In lane 2, the labeling is specifically blocked by the S260 phosphopeptide used as antigen.
In lane 3, the corresponding nonphosphopeptide did not block the immunolabeling.
ab30574 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Damen R et al. The stimulatory adenosine receptor ADORA2B regulates serotonin (5-HT) synthesis and release in oxygen-depleted EC cells in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS One 8:e62607 (2013). PubMed: 23638125
- Chin A et al. The role of mechanical forces and adenosine in the regulation of intestinal enterochromaffin cell serotonin secretion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G397-405 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22038827
- Haugen M et al. Differential signal pathway activation and 5-HT function: the role of gut enterochromaffin cells as oxygen sensors. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 303:G1164-73 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22936271