Product nameAnti-TSH antibody [7G12] (HRP)
See all TSH primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7G12] to TSH (HRP)
SpecificityThis antibody specifically recognizes the whole molecule of TSH. It does not cross-react with human LH, FSH, HCG.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) from human pituitary gland.
General notesThis antibody (conjugate) is ELISA paired with ab6069 (capture).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Proclin
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurity is tested by electrophoresis.
ELISA pair antibody
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6070 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [11E4] to TSH (ab6069).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThyroid stimulating hormone, also known as thyrotropin, is secreted from cells in the anterior pituitary called thyrotrophs, finds its receptors on epithelial cells in the thyroid gland, and stimulates that gland to synthesize and release thyroid hormones. TSH is a glycoprotein hormone composed of two subunits which are non covalently bound to one another. The alpha subunit of TSH is also present in two other pituitary glycoprotein hormones, follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, and, in primates, in the placental hormone chorionic gonadotropin. Each of these hormones also has a unique beta subunit, which provides receptor specificity. In other words, TSH is composed of alpha subunit bound to the TSH beta subunit, and TSH associates only with its own receptor. Free alpha and beta subunits have essentially no biological activity.
- CG ALPHA antibody
- CGA antibody
- Chorionic gonadotropin alpha polypeptide antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhou Y et al. Sulfiredoxin-1 exerts anti-apoptotic and neuroprotective effects against oxidative stress-induced injury in rat cortical astrocytes following exposure to oxygen-glucose deprivation and hydrogen peroxide. Int J Mol Med 36:43-52 (2015). WB . Read more (PubMed: 25955519) »