Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TTC11/FIS1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TTC11/FIS1 antibody
See all TTC11/FIS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TTC11/FIS1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TTC11/FIS1.
- Jurkat cell lysates
Previously labelled as TTC11.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 30% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71498 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionPromotes the fragmentation of the mitochondrial network and its perinuclear clustering. Can induce cytochrome c release from the mitochondrion to the cytosol, ultimately leading to apoptosis. Also mediates peroxisomal fission.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FIS1 family.
Contains 1 TPR repeat.
DomainThe C-terminus is required for mitochondrial or peroxisomal localization, while the N-terminus is necessary for mitochondrial or peroxisomal fission, localization and regulation of the interaction with DNM1L.
modificationsUbiquitinated by MARCH5.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Peroxisome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 2010003O14Rik antibody
- CGI 135 antibody
- CGI135 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TTC11/FIS1 antibody (ab71498) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Jurkat cell lysates
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab71498 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab71498, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab71498 has been referenced in 44 publications.
- Ouyang H et al. Mst1-Hippo pathway triggers breast cancer apoptosis via inducing mitochondrial fragmentation in a manner dependent on JNK-Drp1 axis. Onco Targets Ther 12:1147-1159 (2019). PubMed: 30809096
- Hou Y et al. Genetic ablation of TAZ induces HepG2 liver cancer cell apoptosis through activating the CaMKII/MIEF1 signaling pathway. Onco Targets Ther 12:1765-1779 (2019). PubMed: 30881030
- Chen S et al. Neuroprotection of hydroxysafflor yellow A in experimental cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury via metabolic inhibition of phenylalanine and mitochondrial biogenesis. Mol Med Rep 19:3009-3020 (2019). PubMed: 30816517
- Zhang L et al. Anti-tumor effect of LATS2 on liver cancer death: Role of DRP1-mediated mitochondrial division and the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 114:108825 (2019). PubMed: 30981110
- Yao W et al. Large tumor suppressor kinase 2 overexpression attenuates 5-FU-resistance in colorectal cancer via activating the JNK-MIEF1-mitochondrial division pathway. Cancer Cell Int 19:97 (2019). PubMed: 31011291