Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Tubulin - Loading Control
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Tubulin antibody - Loading Control
See all Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tubulin - Loading Control
Specificityab59680 recognises alpha/beta-tubulin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence of human Tubulin.
- HeLa cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab59680 is affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59680 in the following tested applications.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha-chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsUndergoes a tyrosination/detyrosination cycle, the cyclic removal and re-addition of a C-terminal tyrosine residue by the enzymes tubulin tyrosine carboxypeptidase (TTCP) and tubulin tyrosine ligase (TTL), respectively.
Some glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha-tubulins at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Tubulin beta 2b antibody
- Alpha tubulin antibody
- Alpha-tubulin ubiquitous antibody
Anti-Tubulin antibody - Loading Control (ab59680) at 4 µg/ml + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab59680 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59680, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab59680 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Huang YS et al. Cordyceps cicadae Prevents Renal Tubular Epithelial Cell Apoptosis by Regulating the SIRT1/p53 Pathway in Hypertensive Renal Injury. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2020:7202519 (2020). PubMed: 32419819
- Wang X et al. Tanshinone IIA Restores Dynamic Balance of Autophagosome/Autolysosome in Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity via Targeting Beclin1/LAMP1. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31261758
- Li X et al. Increased UCP1 expression in the perirenal adipose tissue of patients with renal cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep 42:1972-1980 (2019). PubMed: 31545449
- Chen H et al. RUNX3 Promotes the Tumorigenic Phenotype in KGN, a Human Granulosa Cell Tumor-Derived Cell Line. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31311113
- Wang C et al. Long non-coding RNA plasmacytoma variant translocation 1 gene promotes the development of cervical cancer via the NF-?B pathway. Mol Med Rep 20:2433-2440 (2019). PubMed: 31322217