Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TWEAK
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TWEAK antibody
See all TWEAK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TWEAK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human TWEAK.
Database link: O43508
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 27,36 kDa.
TWEAK may migrate at aberrant poitions in SDS-PAGE.
FunctionBinds to FN14 and possibly also to TNRFSF12/APO3. Weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell types. Mediates NF-kappa-B activation. Promotes angiogenesis and the proliferation of endothelial cells. Also involved in induction of inflammatory cytokines.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in adult heart, pancreas, skeletal muscle, brain, colon, small intestine, lung, ovary, prostate, spleen, lymph node, appendix and peripheral blood lymphocytes. Low expression in kidney, testis, liver, placenta, thymus and bone marrow. Also detected in fetal kidney, liver, lung and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APO 3 ligand antibody
- APO 3L antibody
- APO3 ligand antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) of mouse brain tissue staining TWEAK with ab37170 at 20µg/ml
Western Blot of HeLa cell lysate labeling TWEAK with Anti-TWEAK antibody (ab37170) at (1) 1 and (2) 2µg/ml.
Immunohistochemistry analysis Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded human brain tissue sections labeling TWEAK with ab37170 at 10 μg/mL. Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 h at RT; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer (pH6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4˚C. A goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) at 1/250 was used as secondary. Counter stained with Hematoxylin.
Immunohistochemistry analysis Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded mouse brain tissue sections labeling TWEAK with ab37170 at 5 μg/ml. Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 h at RT; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer (pH6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4˚C. A goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) at 1/250 was used as secondary. Counter stained with Hematoxylin.
Lane 1 : Anti-TWEAK antibody (ab37170) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-TWEAK antibody (ab37170) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Mouse pancreas tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27,36 kDa
Primary incubation: 1h incubation at RT in 5% NFDM/TBST
Anti-TWEAK antibody (ab37170) at 2 µg/ml + Mouse Liver Tissue Lysates at 15 µg
Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27,36 kDa
Primary incubation time: 1h incubation at RT in 5% NFDM/TBST.
All lanes : Anti-TWEAK antibody (ab37170) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Recombinant human TWEAK at 0.005 µg
Lane 2 : Recombinant human TWEAK at 0.025 µg
Lane 3 : Recombinant human TWEAK at 0.05 µg
Predicted band size: 27,36 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
TWEAK migrates at aberrant positions in SDS-PAGE; hence the observed band is different from the predicted molecular weight of 27 kDa.
ab37170 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Méndez-Barbero N et al. A major role of TWEAK/Fn14 axis as a therapeutic target for post-angioplasty restenosis. EBioMedicine 46:274-289 (2019). PubMed: 31395500
- Padrão AI et al. Exercise training protects against cancer-induced cardiac remodeling in an animal model of urothelial carcinoma. Arch Biochem Biophys 645:12-18 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29548774
- Howard L et al. TWE-PRIL reverse signalling suppresses sympathetic axon growth and tissue innervation. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30337376
- Ferreira R et al. Exercise Training Impacts Cardiac Mitochondrial Proteome Remodeling in Murine Urothelial Carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30602657
- Zhang Q & Zhang XF Hyperoside decreases the apoptosis and autophagy rates of osteoblast MC3T3-E1 cells by regulating TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis and the p38mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. Mol Med Rep N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30387825
- Qi X et al. Lipopolysaccharide Upregulated Intestinal Epithelial Cell Expression of Fn14 and Activation of Fn14 Signaling Amplify Intestinal TLR4-Mediated Inflammation. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 7:315 (2017). WB, ICC/IF ; Pig . PubMed: 28744451
- Lu JJ et al. Tumor necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis regulates quadriceps muscle atrophy and fiber-type alteration in a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Tob Induc Dis 15:43 (2017). PubMed: 29151827
- Padrão AI et al. Endurance training prevents TWEAK but not myostatin-mediated cardiac remodelling in cancer cachexia. Arch Biochem Biophys 567:13-21 (2015). PubMed: 25575785
- Novoyatleva T et al. FGF1-mediated cardiomyocyte cell cycle reentry depends on the interaction of FGFR-1 and Fn14. FASEB J 28:2492-503 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24571920
- Padrão AI et al. Bladder cancer-induced skeletal muscle wasting: disclosing the role of mitochondria plasticity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:1399-409 (2013). PubMed: 23608519