Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Twist
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Twist antibody
See all Twist primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Twist
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49254 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).
Abcam recommends blocking with BSA.
FunctionActs as a transcriptional regulator. Inhibits myogenesis by sequestrating E proteins, inhibiting trans-activation by MEF2, and inhibiting DNA-binding by MYOD1 through physical interaction. This interaction probably involves the basic domains of both proteins. Also represses expression of proinflammatory cytokines such as TNFA and IL1B. Regulates cranial suture patterning and fusion. Activates transcription as a heterodimer with E proteins. Regulates gene expression differentially, depending on dimer composition. Homodimers induce expression of FGFR2 and POSTN while heterodimers repress FGFR2 and POSTN expression and induce THBS1 expression. Heterodimerization is also required for osteoblast differentiation.
Tissue specificitySubset of mesodermal cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TWIST1 are a cause of Saethre-Chotzen syndrome (SCS) [MIM:101400]; also known as acrocephalosyndactyly type 3 (ACS3). SCS is a craniosynostosis syndrome characterized by coronal synostosis, brachycephaly, low frontal hairline, facial asymmetry, hypertelorism, broad halluces, and clinodactyly.
Defects in TWIST1 are the cause of Robinow-Sorauf syndrome (RSS) [MIM:180750]; also known as craniosynostosis-bifid hallux syndrome. RSS is an autosomal dominant defect characterized by minor skull and limb anomalies which is very similar to Saethre-Chotzen syndrome.
Defects in TWIST1 are the cause of craniosynostosis type 1 (CRS1) [MIM:123100]. Craniosynostosis consists of premature fusion of one or more cranial sutures, resulting in an abnormal head shape.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- ACS3 antibody
- B-HLH DNA binding protein antibody
- bHLHa38 antibody
Anti-Twist antibody (ab49254) at 2.5 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50,000 - 1/100,000
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemistry of human Uterus tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-TWIST1 antibody (ab49254)
ab49254 staining Twist in mouse lung adencarcinoma induced by urethane tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer pH 6.0. Samples were then blocked with 4% serum for 2 hours at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody, at a 1/100 dilution, for 16 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/200 dilution.
ab49254 staining Twist in human testis tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The sections were fixed in paraformaldehyde and subjected to heat-mediated antigen retrieval in citric buffer, pH 6.0 prior to blocking with 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/50 and incubated with the sample for 12 hour at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody, diluted 1/200.
All lanes : Anti-Twist antibody (ab49254)
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate with blocking peptide at 2 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
ab49254 has been referenced in 51 publications.
- Tian Y et al. Combined Snail and E-cadherin Predicts Overall Survival of Cervical Carcinoma Patients: Comparison Among Various Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Proteins. Front Mol Biosci 7:22 (2020). PubMed: 32185181
- Kim BH et al. STAT3 Inhibitor ODZ10117 Suppresses Glioblastoma Malignancy and Prolongs Survival in a Glioblastoma Xenograft Model. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32183406
- Hou FJ et al. Chelidonine enhances the antitumor effect of lenvatinib on hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Onco Targets Ther 12:6685-6697 (2019). PubMed: 31695406
- Tan YJ et al. BZD9L1 sirtuin inhibitor as a potential adjuvant for sensitization of colorectal cancer cells to 5-fluorouracil. Ther Adv Med Oncol 11:1758835919878977 (2019). PubMed: 31632470
- Ding X et al. Knockdown of Delta-like 3 restricts lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation, migration and invasion of A2058 melanoma cells via blocking Twist1-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Life Sci 226:149-155 (2019). PubMed: 30981764