Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to TXNDC5
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TXNDC5 antibody
See all TXNDC5 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to TXNDC5
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to be able to recognise both reported human isoforms, as represented by NP_110437; NP_071368.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- WB: HEK-293, A549, HeLa, HepG2 cell lysates. ICC/IF: HeLa and U2OS cells. IHC-P: Human Small Intestine tissue. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
General notesGenBank Accession Number - NP_110437; NP_071368
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13820 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionPossesses thioredoxin activity. Has been shown to reduce insulin disulfide bonds. Also complements protein disulfide-isomerase deficiency in yeast.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein disulfide isomerase family.
Contains 3 thioredoxin domains.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- Information by UniProt
- EndoPDI antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum protein ERp46 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum resident protein 46 antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed U2OS cells, permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation with ab13820 1hr (10 μg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 μg/ml), showing endoplasmic reticulum staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 μg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 μg/ml).
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells (blue line), permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Primary incubation with ab13820 for 1hr (10 μg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (1 μg/ml). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells, permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation with ab13820 1hr (10 μg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 μg/ml), showing endoplasmic reticulum staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 μg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 μg/ml).
All lanes : Anti-TXNDC5 antibody (ab13820) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK-293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
ab13820 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang L et al. miR-573 is a negative regulator in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Cell Mol Immunol 13:839-849 (2016). PubMed: 26166764
- Wang L et al. Investigate pathogenic mechanism of TXNDC5 in rheumatoid arthritis. PLoS One 8:e53301 (2013). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 23326410
- Pace PE et al. Hyperoxidized peroxiredoxin 2 interacts with the protein disulfide- isomerase ERp46. Biochem J 453:475-85 (2013). IP, WB ; Human . PubMed: 23713588
- Liu Y et al. Apratoxin a reversibly inhibits the secretory pathway by preventing cotranslational translocation. Mol Pharmacol 76:91-104 (2009). PubMed: 19403701