Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Tyrosinase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Tyrosinase antibody
See all Tyrosinase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tyrosinase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Gorilla
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Tyrosinase aa 20-340.
FPRACVSSKNLMEKECCPPWSGDRSPCGQLSGRGSCQNILLSNAPLGPQF PFTGVDDRESWPSVFYNRTCQCSGNFMGFNCGNCKFGFWGPNCTERRLLV RRNIFDLSAPEKDKFFAYLTLAKHTISSDYVIPIGTYGQMKNGSTPMFND INIYDLFVWMHYYVSMDALLGGSEIWRDIDFAHEAPAFLPWHRLFLLRWE QEIQKLTGDENFTIPYWDWRDAEKCDICTDEYMGGQHPTNPNLLSPASFF SSWQIVCSRLEEYNSHQSLCNGTPEGPLRRNPGNHDKSRTPRLPSSADVE FCLSLTQYESGSMDKAANFSF
Database link: P14679
- WB: Mouse craniofacial and liver tissue lysates; IHC: Rat heart; ICC/ IF: Human skin cancer, rat and mouse skin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180753 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThis is a copper-containing oxidase that functions in the formation of pigments such as melanins and other polyphenolic compounds. Catalyzes the rate-limiting conversions of tyrosine to DOPA, DOPA to DOPA-quinone and possibly 5,6-dihydroxyindole to indole-5,6 quinone.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TYR are the cause of albinism oculocutaneous type 1A (OCA1A) [MIM:203100]; also known as tyrosinase negative oculocutaneous albinism. An autosomal recessive disorder in which the biosynthesis of melanin pigment is absent in skin, hair, and eyes. It is characterized by complete lack of tyrosinase activity due to production of an inactive enzyme. Patients present with a life-long absence of melanin pigment after birth, and manifest increased sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation with predisposition to skin cancer. Visual anomalies include decreased acuity, nystagmus, strabismus and photophobia.
Defects in TYR are the cause of albinism oculocutaneous type 1B (OCA1B) [MIM:606952]; also known as albinism yellow mutant type. An autosomal recessive disorder in which the biosynthesis of melanin pigment is reduced in skin, hair, and eyes. It is characterized by partial lack of tyrosinase activity. Patients have white hair at birth that rapidly turns yellow or blond. They manifest the development of minimal-to-moderate amounts of cutaneous and ocular pigment. Some patients may have with white hair in the warmer areas (scalp and axilla) and progressively darker hair in the cooler areas (extremities). This variant phenotype is due to a loss of tyrosinase activity above 35-37 degrees C.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tyrosinase family.
Cellular localizationMelanosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ATN antibody
- CMM8 antibody
- LB24 AB antibody
Immunofluorescence staining of rat skin stained for Tyrosinase with ab180753 at 1/100 dilution. Nuclei are labeled with DAPI (Blue).
Paraffin-embedded rat heart tissue stained for Tyrosinase using ab180753 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Immunofluorescence staining of human skin cancer stained for Tyrosinase with ab180753 at 1/100 dilution. Nuclei are labeled with DAPI (Blue).
All lanes : Anti-Tyrosinase antibody (ab180753) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse craniofacial tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Blocking buffer: 3% nonfat dry milk in TBST.
Immunofluorescence staining of mouse skin stained for Tyrosinase with ab180753 at 1/100 dilution. Nuclei are labeled with DAPI (Blue).
ab180753 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Pei S et al. The Long Noncoding RNA UCA1 Negatively Regulates Melanogenesis in Melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol 140:152-163.e5 (2020). PubMed: 31276678
- Guo Y et al. Modeling Retinitis Pigmentosa: Retinal Organoids Generated From the iPSCs of a Patient With the USH2A Mutation Show Early Developmental Abnormalities. Front Cell Neurosci 13:361 (2019). PubMed: 31481876
- Jiang L et al. Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide reduces melanogenesis by inhibiting the paracrine effects of keratinocytes and fibroblasts via IL-6/STAT3/FGF2 pathway. J Cell Physiol 234:22799-22808 (2019). PubMed: 31115052
- Liu Y et al. Exosomal miRNA derived from keratinocytes regulates pigmentation in melanocytes. J Dermatol Sci 93:159-167 (2019). PubMed: 30904353
- Hu S et al. Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide inhibits UVB-induced melanogenesis by antagonizing cAMP/PKA and ROS/MAPK signaling pathways. J Cell Physiol 234:7330-7340 (2019). PubMed: 30362532
- Chatatikun M et al. Anti melanogenic effect of Croton roxburghii and Croton sublyratus leaves in a-MSH stimulated B16F10?cells. J Tradit Complement Med 9:66-72 (2019). PubMed: 30671368
- Ishihara A et al. Novel tyrosinase inhibitors from liquid culture of Neolentinus lepideus. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 82:22-30 (2018). PubMed: 29297258
- Challa AK et al. Novel Hypomorphic Alleles of the Mouse Tyrosinase Gene Induced by CRISPR-Cas9 Nucleases Cause Non-Albino Pigmentation Phenotypes. PLoS One 11:e0155812 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27224051